This drug works wonderfully and the difference it made in OAB was exceptional. The worst thing, which has become a huge problem for me, is that one of the side effects is "dry mouth" and it gets worse with time. It gets so bad that you eventually have NO saliva. This is the only side effect that I had but one that I just can't tolerate anymore. I never realized how important saliva is until y...

once a day use and applied to stomach. No taking a pill

Disappointed | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/5/2016
Condition: A Condition of Bladder Dysfunction from Nerve Disorder

The 3% pump gel worked great. Used it for 4 years. Was discontinued so forced to use the 10% packets. Horrible. Does not absorb and does not work. Have only been on them for a week so hoping it will improve. Also Medicare does not cover so out of pocket expense is too great for such an ineffective product.

bluewagon | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/14/2016
Condition: Overactive Bladder

This drug helped me incredibly. It was used on my skin so I didn't need to take another oral med as I am already on so many. The only side effect I had while getting used to the drug was dry mouth. This drug changed my life. I have used it for the last 5 years (I believe) and it has been a lifesaver, not having to urinate every hour, urine leakage, etc. I am writing about it now because I was forced to check the internet for other drugs for overactive bladder as my insurance company has dropped this amazing drug from coverage. I received a letter in December saying the drug had no efficacy. The med is about $300 a month. I am on social security disability and have yet to strike it rich in the stock market ... so I am seeing my doctor for other options. Pretty soon the insurance companies will have us digging up roots from the woods in hopes of helping our medical conditions ... ugh. Well gonna go read some reviews on other meds. But Gelnique was amazing and changed my life.

patticake | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/17/2015
Condition: Overactive Bladder

Only partially worked for me. Messy to apply. I hated it. I would take Oxybutin pills before I'd try this again.

MagMar7 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/15/2014
Condition: Needing to Urinate Immediately

I've been using Gelnique for over 2 mos now and although it helped a little bit, my Dr. added Sanctura. I'm now back to feeling like I'm not using anything at all. After trying everything else, my only option now is the implant, Botox, or acuipuncture and I'm only 49 yrs old.

PATSY | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/20/2014