My son has been diagnosed ADD for since age 6 and is now 8. At first we tried working 1/1 with school psychologist and made many action plans, rewarding him when he focused most of day, also eating good diet and vitamins fish oil and ADDED Attention. But throughout 3 years of school, it was obvious he needed more. My husband and I were so scared of starting him on meds, especially stimulants, s...

Bad bad bad. I see a lawsuit. No reputable doctor should have the gall to say a child needs this.

rng | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
2/5/2020
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

Reading these reviews, it's clear to me that Intuniv is not for everyone. For my 18 year old son with ADHD and Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Intuniv has been helpful. It's not a miracle. Intuniv simply gives him a slightly longer fuse, and allows him to react to everyday situations (that used to put him over the edge) with a modicum of thought and reason. His overall mood is brighter and calmer. He is still forgetful, frustrated by losing things, unaware of time, etc., but showing greater self-awareness He gets along better with peers and teachers in the moment, although he still feels the burn of any perceived criticism. His delayed reactivity is a huge step forward, and hopefully over time will translate to an openness to coaching and systems that might improve his executive function, and thus his self esteem. For my son and our family, ADHD is a persistent presence and while medication is no silver bullet - this one has been extremely helpful in opening up more doors. Patience is by far the most important tool in our kit.

Drew | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/6/2016
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I was prescribed this drug to take in addition to Lamictal 50mg and Vyvanse 50mg. I started taking this drug a few days before visiting my parents for Thanksgiving. I was overtaken by spells of obsessive thinking and was so tormented by vivid memories of childhood that I was unable to sleep. After I came off the drug, I got better within a few days. Not worth it for me.

zcrew | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/27/2016
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG. I appalled reading the reports of children taking this drug, I took it as a 20 year old and I was unable to even get out of bed without blacking out. I am a fit person and couldn't even ride a bicycle a few miles without then sleeping for 18 hours straight. This drug also gave me chest pains and really drained me of my personality.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/19/2016
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

As soon as I took this medication, it made my heart rate slow down dramatically, to the point that I was weak and dizzy. I could barely get from a chair to my bed, I practically fell from one to the other. I tried to keep taking it, but after the second dose, I was terrified my heart was going to stop. I called my doc and stopped taking it. I couldn't tell if it did anything for my ADHD because I was too busy feeling like I was dying.

Anonymous | 7-12 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient