jen | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/1/2016

My vet prescribed and administered one dosage to my 9 year old dog on a Monday and within 6-7 hours she was deaf. We took her back for a recheck and had her ears flushed out with saline solution and she regained some of her hearing but not 100%. My vet never told me the side affects and I wish I had never taken her to the vet for a mild ear infection in her left ear. Currently, she's still hard of hearing even though they informed me to wait a week or two for the gentamicin to diffuse out. Please email me if you have gone through a similar situation: jolidouleur at gmail dot com. I don't recommend any medications for dogs that have a side effect for losing their hearing!

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/27/2016
Condition: Outer Ear Inflammation caused by Allergy or Infection

DO NOT USE Tri-Otic ointment!!! My 13 year old Lab is now deaf with the use of this medication. The infection was only in one ear but the vet said to use in both ears. He could have at least been able to hear from one ear. We are saddened beyond words and he will never hear "good Boy" or "I love you" again.

Anonymous | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/8/2015

Fantatsic vet prescribed this to treat possible ear infection. Dog lost hearing after four days of use; we discontinued use and hearing still gone. Based on the number of comments and review from here and elsewhere, I'd say BEWARE this drug!

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
9/4/2014
Condition: Itching of the Ear

My Vet prescribed this for my beloved Bubbles, a 13 year old caca-poo, and his ears were only red and irritated, not infected. After only 2 days of use, we noticed he could not hear us at all, I trusted my Vet to help my pet, NOT have him hear his favorite words of what a GOOD BOY he is. I can not believe I was not warned about this, and there is not a warning on the label at all.

debrau | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
7/7/2011
Condition: Outer Ear Inflammation caused by Allergy or Infection

My angel has lost his hearing from tri octic I would never givin this medication to my pet if I would have been told this could happen I trusted my vet , my angel trusted me . Please let me. Know what can be done please help. Email [email protected] thank you Debra and angel.