As long as its taken the same time EVERYDAY, this drug has stopped my period.. (takes up to 3 months sometimes for someones period to stop) after the 3-4months, my stage 3 endometriosis slowed down and gave me back a chance to live life without hemmoraging from periods, or the gigantic ovarian cysts I was getting. But if you miss a dose it feels like all hell. I reccomend setting an alarm on your ...

I began taking amethyst two months after i experienced a miscarriage. My periods without birth control are very painful and heavy. About two weeks into taking the pill, i had some brown spotting followed by period like bleeding. Its been a month now and I am still on my period. I am seeking medical advice soon. Ive read that this generic has side effects that lybrel does not. This may be were i tu...

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/18/2018
Condition: Endometriosis

First month of taking it was great my second month was horrible i had acne i had never had before and bleeding for 4 weeks straight i stopped taking it . Worst one yet

Jenny | 25-34 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/15/2018
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I got prescribed lybrel (amethyst)in 2009 . April 2018 im still on it , i have never stooped, I had the worst periods lasting 9 days of extremely bad bleeding then I'd have 3-4 days of spotting. This went on for 5 years , and it controlled me I couldn't stand it anymore and talked to my doctor begging for help and a solution , I got a job as a fire fighter and was not going to have change a pad while hiking up a hill! This pill has changed my life , I am free I can camp and swim whenever and not be scared of when my period will come , I do get random spotting throughout the year but it's nothing compared to the hell I went through when I used to get my period. I have recently thought of going off just because it's been so long. But then I think about bleeding in all of my clothes and the cramps and I just change my mind. If you're suffering from horrid periods don't hesitate to try this you won't regret it! It saved me.

Baltimore mom of two boys | 35-44 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/16/2018
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

Give it time-I love this pill! Before taking this, I was saturating a tampon and maxi every 30 min, and I was done. GYN suggested this, but warned me that it could initially start prolonged light bleeding and eventually nothing. The first three months were miserable-bleeding every single day (not as bad as my heavy periods, but still needing maxis. I decided to give it six months and then I was going to quit. By month four, every bit of bleeding stopped, and I had no bleeding or period until I hit the one year mark and then the bleeding started again for about one month, and then it stopped until I hit the two year mark, and then it was light bleeding for about three weeks. Fast forward to five years later, and I have not had any bleeding since the second year mark-no period, nothing! This has been a blessing. Yes, the first three months were miserable, but it eventually faded and I no longer have a period. I have checked with my GYN and she said there is no reason to stop taking this (even for a short time) just for me to have a period as I am getting proper estrogen/progesterone levels.

Jgon | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/31/2018

I just finished month four and have been spotting the entire time its brown and ugly I am considering stopping my migraines went away I switched from Ortho tri cyclo lo and so did my mood swings but I have acne I never had before.I haven't got pregnant so it does it's job I guess

Victoria8310 | 25-34 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/22/2018

I have been taking this for about 7 months. I switched to this from Ortho Try Cyclen. The Orthro worked PERFECTLY. I had no side effects, no spotting, no acne, no nothing. The ONLY reason I switched was because out of no where I would get these excruciating pains in my lower abdomen that would last a week before my periods were to start. I got an X-ray exam but they didnâ??t see anything. So I said since it only hurts around my menstrual I want a BC pill that stops the menstrual all together and thatâ??s how I began taking this Amethyst. My experience has been perfect. No side effects, I just recently had light spotting with absolutely no pain and it lasted 1 day. Very light but others than that as soon as I started taking this my periods stopped immediately and so did that pain I was having.