Much to my hubby's delight, since being on this medication, my breast size has developed from a size A to a large B. I take the medication every evening, with food, to avoid upset stomach. I've found that I spot at least once a week during the three months w/o a cycle, however my period is light, almost non-existent. If you've had a laprascopy, as I have and are looking for something to a) decre...

The first 3 month cycle went well with bleeding only in the last 3 weeks which I expected. After I had a period I went not even a full week and started spotting. Stopped after 28 days to reset my system and havent stopped bleeding ever since. My hair also started to fall out. Other than that I have no side effects but will be switching because of all the bleeding. And I always take my pill at the...

Alli | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/22/2020

I've been on it for about two months now. The acne has healed wonderfully, the migraines are okay. However, I wanted to kill myself last night. I can't sleep anymore, I can literally stay up all night long to stare at the walls and then I'm so mentally drained and tired I can't function the next day. I've been bleeding for 3 weeks straight now. And having cramping from Hell. Also I'm having huge blood clots come out. I even took a picture of one and sent it to dr because I thought it was a miscarriage and she said no that's normal. I've messaged her again telling her that I'm still bleeding and I'm having panic attacks, and again she said, "hang in there, it takes the body a couple months to get used to a new birth control." I literally wanted to end my life last night. For NO reason. So, as I laid there in bed I googled this birth control and found out this is the generic brand of Seasonique... The one I Specifically told her I had been on in the past and did the same thing then!! After googling the reviews, about 80% of the people using it have the same side effects!!! Even suicidal thoughts. There's even one study on there that suggests that there was a higher percentage of suicide rates with women on this birth control than not on this birth control. I will not be taking this anymore, I'll probably just won't go back on one at all and just deal with the migraines and pms. I mean I literally had my suicide all planned out.It's awful fighting with your own mind. And husband don't understand what I'm going through so he just fusses and cusses me when I lash out. I literally can't help it. It's like something comes over me and takes over my mind.

fedup | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/22/2018
Condition: Painful Periods

I have now been on this pill for a year. The idea was to reduce menstrual pain by reducing the number of periods, but it has not reduced the pain at all. In fact, I PMS for weeks at a time

jessleigh1017 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/20/2017
Condition: Painful Periods

I've been on this medication for almost 2 months now. I had to switch over from a pill I loved because my new insurance wouldn't cover it. The first two weeks were good, since then I've had my period non-stop, I have the cramps, back pain, and headaches along with it. I am taking this medication to relieve those symptoms, but it is not helping at all. I definitely want t to switch from this pill, I cannot go any longer with these symptoms!

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/4/2016

I was switched to this birth control because I started to develop hormonal migraines from the birth control I had been on for over 4 years. The first month after the switch was fine, but I have now spotted heavily everyday since. Very frustrating and at this point would rather just deal with the migraines.

L4U | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/9/2015

I started this birth control two months ago and the first few weeks were fine. Once I completed the first month, I began to develop unsightly acne. It's a problem I continue to battle as I begin my third month. Worst of all, I've gained about 15 pounds. My normal weight is 100-105. I am nearing 120. No changes to my diet. I hope this is a short term side effect, but in the event it's not I will certainly change my birth control method.