Alyacen has been great. I was switched after Necon was no longer available and have had the same great results. I've never experienced any of the side affects associated with some birth controls and I have been on it for 6 years.

TERRIBLE! Would comment on its effectiveness but I had to stop after ONE WEEK. I was having allergic reactions to the patch so my Dr switched me to Alyacen. Much like several other reviewers the depression, anxiety, and mood swings were just too much for me. I wouldn't wish those feelings and thoughts I was having on my worst enemy. It's taken about three weeks for me to chill and be able to mak...

madmurray | 13-18 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/1/2020

I have been on this for less than a month and I have gained almost 7 pounds. I am very fit and workout out 6 days a week and had lost almost 15 pounds right before going on Alyacen. My metabolism has slowed down so much also and I get very bloated after I eat which has never happened to me before. I have become so much more emotional as well. For example, today I got so upset that my towel fell off the towel rack in my bathroom. Like full on crying on the floor and everything! I am switching off of this immediately and I recommend girls do the same if they have the same symptoms as I do!

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/28/2019

I was switched to Alyacen after my insurance stopped covering my preferred bc. The first two months were hell, breaking out, dizziness, moodiness. But my doctor told me to stick with it for at least six months to acclimate. It just got worse. My periods became unpredictable and I had breakthrough bleeding all month. The acne got worse, I gained weight, and the general dizziness became vertigo. One month switching to another pill and I feel so much better. If you get those initial side effects on Alyacen, don't wait. Switch.

Mommy Of 2 | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/26/2018

I was on Necon 1/35 since 2008. For some reason a year ago i could no longer get Necon. So my doctor switched me to Alyacen 1/35. Im very unhappy with this new pill that i have now been on for a year. I start sweating for no reason, im emotional, i get dizzy, i have gained 20 pounds! I have never gained weight like this in my entire life! I'm thinking about getting off this pill sooner than later...

sydney3three | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/9/2018
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I started taking this because I had very heavy periods while taking other birth controls, but this made them normal :) the only problem is that it caused me to have such bad cycstic acne . I just took minocycline and it cleared that all up . Other than that, it’s been effective and not caused any other bad side effects.

Just Toni | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/29/2018

I took it for 2 days and have been feeling like I have a thousand bees inside of me stinging me and my hands and feet feel the same I’ve been nauseous and my va-jj hurts for no reason! I do not like this bc at all! I can’t sleep at night when I take it I’m all jittery ! Definitely going to switch bc ASAP