I have been on Delzicol for about 10 months now, I feel that the Asacolseemed to work better with no flareups... Have been experiencing more lower back pains, and anxiety related issues with tingling and prickly skin. Never experienced this while on Asacol. I realize they are suppose to be the same medication, but never had these symptoms while taking the asacol. Just wondering if anyone else h...

BeaverD | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/30/2016
Condition: Crohn's Disease

I was on Asacol for years, and did not have the flare-up I have with Delizcol. I was told it was the very same drug as Asacol, but if you check, the active ingredients are the same but the inactive ingredients are totally different. I have been on this drug for about 2 years, and have had nothing but problems. I go back to the Dr. in November, if now before, and we are going to have to try something else. I have been taking the pill out of the covering because my stomach would not digest it, but still no luck with any help from this drug.....

mday | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/27/2016
Condition: Ulcerative Colitis currently Without Symptoms

I have used this drug for my UC about 12montsh on or off-the only side affect I get are the headaches and slight lower back pains. I stop when using when my flare ups are gone. My flares have been less and less. But when I do get them Delzicol stops the bleeding immediately regulates my stomach.The reason I dont take everyday because Im super sensitive to medication. Prolong use cause issues for me in other areas. However that being said this is one of the UC meds that by far have helped me more then anything else out there in the market.

PJ | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/14/2016
Condition: Crohn's Disease

Initially I had a few bouts of dizziness, muscle and tendon discomfort (cramping) which seemed to subside. Have noticed intermittent very dark (orange/reddish) urine which concerns me.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | Patient
10/9/2015
Condition: Crohn's Disease

After taking Asocol for years, doctor prescribed Delzicol. I discovered that inside the Delzicol capsule is the Asocol tablet. Spoke to pharmasist and he said that it is now delayed release. I wonder???

beaver67 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/21/2015
Condition: Crohn's Disease

I had to start taking the pill out of the capsules. The capsules would not dissolve and caused lots of stomach problems. I take 6 pills a day and have more flares up than I ever did on Asacol. They say the active ingredients are the same as asacol, but if you check the inactive ingredients, they are totally different that Asacol. I have a serious heart condition and since I have been on delzicol, I have had a lot more irregular heart beats and slower heart beats. I go back to my Dr in August, and plan on having a long talk with him about this drug.