My father-in-law, who is 93, was given Namenda after becoming combative. He could not finish sentences because he would forget what he was trying to convey halfway through. He was beginning to forget family members. About a month after starting Namenda, he had improved so much that we were amazed. On good days, he could carry on conversations and even make jokes. On bad days he still has trouble r...

someone | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/7/2021

Helped me with the social aspect of my autism, family noticed over time that I have begun talking to them.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
1/16/2017
Condition: Moderate to Severe Alzheimer's Type Dementia

My husband is 56 yrs old and he takes 21mg of the XR along with the Aricept. The 2 together work great. He has spunk but still doesn't want to do much of anything. He sleeps and eats well just has no enthusiasm to be physical. I think he is just being lazy but after all, he is sick and that can't be reversed. ;(

parker1137 | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/3/2016

WHO KNOWS

Casey | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/6/2016
Condition: Moderate to Severe Alzheimer's Type Dementia

My mom has been on Nemanda XR for close to one year. I do NOT recommend this drug. She started on 7 mg then the doctor increased it to 14 mg, then 21 mg and finally 28 mg. My mom's memory was getting WORSE while on the drug and it was due to the drug NOT dementia. She started to hallucinate she became paranoid, she was weak, would sleep all day, shortness of breath, and terrible confusion. I just stopped the Nemanda and my mom feels 100 times better. She actually was laughing for the first time in one year. I would avoid this terrible drug. Please read the side effects because they are endless. I only wish I googled the side effects before putting mom on Nemanda. AVOID THIS DRUG!!

irishnana | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
8/23/2015
Condition: Moderate to Severe Alzheimer's Type Dementia

Beginning with the 7mg tab, within a few days my mother had regressed to the point of not eating, nights and days were reversed. Very tearful, confused, seeing things and people who were not there. Constantly crying to go back home. Mom and dad have lived in this house for over 20 years. I immediately took my mother off the medication and she is doing much better. She even laughed again.