I was prescribed this for my acute bronchitis. I don't take it as much for the day time but I love it for sleeping. It allows me to sleep without coughing every 2 seconds!

The smell is horrible and it does not taste like a regular cough syrup. I will never buy this again. It didn't help at all.

Timbaker873 | 13-18 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/9/2020
Condition: Cough

Completely shut down my cough. Worked very quickly. Only drawback was the taste and aftertaste. Lingered for about 10 minutes.

Alex | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/27/2019
Condition: Cough

This medicine did nothing for my cough. It tastes bad, it gave me a horrible headache, it upset my stomach and made me feel so nauseous. It is a total waste of money especially when you have to pay for it out of pocket.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/4/2019
Condition: Cough

I have chronic bronchitis and it acts up every fall/winter. Therefore I cough my lungs up. This works great for me. It stops the cough and I sleep all night.

Grateful | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/2/2019
Condition: Cough

Had a bad cold for a while which morphed into bronchitis. This med was given to me at the UR and got me through the weekend, was able to re-up the script with my primary. Stifles the hacking, lets me get some sleep. Way better than the otc stuff. Lots of whiners out there, but that is America as we know it. You don't know how good you have it here.

Mcgr53 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/27/2019
Condition: Cough

As of 1/1/2019 Hydromet, Cheritussin, Guaiatussin, and Virtussin, as well as Benzonotate (Tesalon Pearles) are no longer on my BCBSIL formulary. I was told 2 reasons: They are trying to curtail the Opioid Epidemic, 2) Current research has found that Cough Medicine or suppressants do not work. I call BULLSHIT. Why should I have to suffer. They work on me. Be forewarned that this is happening across the board on many insurance plans. We all know the over the counter versions of these medicines DO NOT WORK. My drug manager is Prime Therapeutics. They are the ones that come up with the formulary.