I am on my third month of this prescription and already I have noticed some differences. I am having lots of mood swings, more cramps, and my cycle is off. I switched from Yaz to this generic brand, and I do not like it. My cycle has never been "off" while on Yaz, I knew when I was going to get my period and when it would end; but now, I'm late and it lasts different amounts of days.

I have taken the generic form of Yaz (gianvi) for 7 years. I knew when my period would start and end to the day. I never had bad cramping, acne, or huge mood swings. I was given Nikki this month because my pharmacy switched providers. I'm had my cycle for 2.5 weeks and am still spotting. I'm dizzy some days and have acne all of the sudden. I feel like this BC is effecting every part of me and I wa...

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/11/2020
Condition: Acne

My pharmacy switched me from Gianvi to Nikki. While the pill has the same active ingredients as Giannv or Yaz, this pill gave me bad acne. I have never had acne worsen while taking birth control. I've been on the pill for 6 years and never had issues with it until taking this Nikki. In addition, this pill gave me some severe pigmentation that turned my palms two tones darker than my natural skin tone. This pill is a nightmare. Do not take this pill.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/15/2019

This has been a nightmare. Extreme fatigue. I used to workout daily and was amazing shape. Ever since I started using Nikki, it is all that i can do to take care of my son in the afternoons, walk the dog, make dinner all before I fall asleep. I sleep 9.5 hours a night and wake up exhausted, I have gained weight, I am constipated, my breasts hurt and its almost equivalent to being pregnant with the symptoms that I have experienced. I have requested a change in birth control and have thrown these in the trash! Do not even do this to yourself.

Vicky | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/7/2019

I was switched from Giavni birth control to Nikki by my prescription plan. I wish I had done research prior to taking it, Nikki was the worst birth control experience I've ever had. Only two weeks in I experienced severe IBS and stomach pain. My anxiety went through the roof and I became extremely depressed with no appetite, fatigue, poor focus and no motivation. My breaking point was when the medication began inducing panic attacks, which I had never experienced before. Ultimately I made the decision to stop taking this birth control and after a week I'm beginning to feel like my old self. I would not recommend this birth control to anyone. Please be cautious when switching to generic medications, just because it is in the same family does not mean the formula will work the same.

Jyst a thought | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/20/2019

After not wanting another IUD, at 34 I finally chose the pill. My doctor put me on this type because I told her I feel like I have too much testosterone for a woman. She put me on this brand because it regulates estrogen, (too much estrogen turns to testosterone in females). From the first day of taking this, my skin has cleared up, I have lots of energy, and sleep great. Plus my mood feels so more even keeled. I think the doctors are the ones to blame if they put people on this prescription that are normal, hormonal wise..be honest,and they should know what to prescribe.

Noonnikki | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/24/2019