I removed my IUD due to anxiety and started this pill a little over 6 months ago. Initial side effects (yo-yoing between nausea and insatiable appetite) subsided in the middle of the second pack (about 6 weeks in). My period became regular, lighter, and longer (lasts the duration of the inert pills), and cramps are less intense compared to the IUD. Other period symptoms remain the same. My bre...

I started taking this pill about 3 weeks ago and I am four pills away from my placebo pills. This is the first birth control I have ever used so I wasn't sure what to compare it to. Overall, most side effects I read up on Tarina were true, but we all have different bodies that react differently. My first week on Tarina I experienced awful diarrhea every morning and would wake up incredibly nauseou...

Maia | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/7/2021

I just can’t believe it took me so long to read all these reviews. I am reading them and it looks as if I wrote them all myself. I never had Tarina Fe before, I always took Yaz because of my acne. I started Tarina Fe on September 2020 (today is May 2021) I been having UTIs, yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis, itchy vulva, extremely low (if none) sex drive, painful intercourse and vagina dryness. The thing that make me question if the birth control had anything to do with anything was that my pap smear came out abnormal. Never in my 30 years my pap was abnormal and I been married for over 2 years, so you tell me what is going on with this birth control. Also I had a month spotting on month N5 (very rare, usually it happens on the 1sts months) my migraines were really bad, not only on the placebo weeks but random times of the cycle. I had a migraine 2 days ago that I thought one of veins in my brain was literally going to explode. It was scary, I couldn’t open my eyes nor move or talk. Also my acne didn’t get worse but it didn’t get better, I still have hormonal breakouts on my chin and jawline. My mood swings, oh my, I am so blessed my husband has patience of gold because I look like a crazy lady, today I was crying for no reason at all, it was awful, ended up fighting with my husband, so sad. And read so many similar stories. And then I never thought this could be related but my skin has been extremely dehydrated and got an eczema all around my mouth 4 months ago that lasted forever. I just can’t wait to be a normal person again. I am quitting today. I will use the natural cycle app and condoms so may the universe help me and not get pregnant but I rather be free than take this pill one more day.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/13/2021

Iâ??ve been bleeding for a straight 4 months with horrible belly pain ! Horrible depression and even attempted suicide an month ago! I didnâ??t know depression was a side effect ! I have PTSD and itâ??s made everything worse and I didnâ??t realize it . It almost cost me my life !!!

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/19/2020

Feeling dizzy, confused, don’t have energy, I developed swelled legs and belly.

CCS | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/9/2020

I had sharp pains in my stomach about 4 months after taking this pill fast forward another 5 months and I had the worst stomach pains in my life and threw up. I knew something was wrong so I set up a doctor appointment and I got no diagnoses. About a month later I had the same pain again where it was so intense that I would get severely sick and throw up. This went on for an entire year until I ended up in the ER with Jaundice due to gallstones. These were 100% caused by the birth control. I had my gallbladder removed and I really don�t want anyone else to feel the pain I went through. It�s very intense. Please be aware of the risks and get non hormonal birth control! I�m 23 years old 5�2 and 115 lb and I lead a very active and healthy lifestyle. I�ve read about girls as young as 16 having this happen! It is just not worth the risk!

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/17/2019

when looking for birth control, i read a lot of mixed reviews, and wasn't sure what to think. the same thing happened when i was prescribed tarina fe. i was afraid of what might happen when i started taking it because this is the first type of birth control pill i have ever tried and i have to say it has gone wonderfully. i am currently on my third pack and i have had little to no negative side effects. the only thing that happens is that i get slightly emotional during and shortly after the placebo week, but i think that is is very similar to before when i would be on my period. the pills have been very effective, as my parter and i have sex without a condom very regularly and the pills have protected me. before taking these pills, i struggled with acne but now that i take them my skin has cleared up so much!