Opdivo has been a miracle for me, giving me my life back and improving quality of life and function.

After chemo therapy wasn't working, my oncologist suggested this treatment option. It was easy to use other than having to go into the fusion center to receive this treatment. I am still on this treatment but am waiting for a PET scan to see if this has been effective or not.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
7/1/2020
Condition: Cancer Involving the Kidney Cells

This drug killed my mom after only 3 treatments !

Tumorless | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/29/2019
Condition: malignant tumor or cancer

Tumor in mouth started shrinking after 10 days with first dose and was gone by 2 months. Hearing loss came back too. 9 months now with occasional face rash. Used natural immuno enhancers 1 month before starting therapy. Drank 1qt Chaga tea (90g pwd/gal H20, slowcooker 10 hrs) + Astragulus root, Boswellia 5g/day, tablets or pwd in a smoothie. Good Luck

Diana | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
4/24/2019
Condition: Small Cell Cancer of the Lung

Writing this review on my fathers behalf, may he Rest In Peace. He got diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer with metastasis in the liver and lymph nodes on Father’s Day 2018. He immediately began targeted chemo therapy and radiation. After his first round of chemo they did a new CT scan and PET scan, miraculously the doctor said the cancer is reduced to scarring and continued the radiation preventively. 3 months later he is back in the hospital and things are not looking good but he is still stable at this point. His oncologist suggested this medication. WHICH IS NOT YET FDA APPROVED (despite having previously told my father to avoid anything that is not FDA approved). I supported my father in whichever steps he took but I was reluctant about this medication. From the first dose it was a rapid decline. Like I said he was stable before and after he began this medication absolutely everything went horribly wrong. He couldn’t eat, sleep, he felt more short of breath than he did when he had 900 cc’s of fluid in his lungs. This is medical malpractice. I can’t help but feel that they used my dad as some sort of lab rat to test this on. I know that cancer is terrifying and I know that you may feel there are not many options, but please consider finding another option than this medication. My father was strong even in his final moments but I genuinely feel he would still be here with me if not for this medication.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/5/2019
Condition: Metastatic Malignant Melanoma

I started on Opdivo and had very little side effects in the beginning. My pet scan in 6 months showed that may cancer had spread and more spots showed on my liver. At this time they added Yervoy with the opdivo. This combo was just approved right before i stated taking it. I had two dose of the combo drug and got very sick. I experienced most of the rare side effects. 1st it was the colitis which landed me in the hospital for about 1 week with severe dehydration. Next was swelling of my knees it was so severe it they needed to be drained weekly. Next side effect was Stephen Johnson's syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis which basically almost killed me. The toxic rash spread over 90% of my body and I was not responding to meds. Three weeks in the ICU burn unit and I was told I could no long have the immunotherapy. Almost 6-7 months of just heeling, I had another pet scan that showed the tumor had spread to another area. At this point i still needed to heal and they scheduled a new pet scan in three months. So the week before Christmas this year, we had that scan, for days later I was given the results. The immuniotherapy worked, I was CANCER FREE! These meds made me very very sick and almost killed me but in the end, I am a 45 year old father that will be able to see his children grow up! The road is not easy and some of us don't make it out but It is the only chance those of us with Stage 4 Metastatic Melanoma have.

Roses3113 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
2/28/2018
Condition: Metastatic Malignant Melanoma

My dad had been fighting for over a year, started in lung, mets to other areas. 6 mo's of chemo and 3 separate rounds of radiation (80 days total). My dad started opdivo 12/21/17, second dose 1/4/18. After the second dose, he started going downhill bad. He wasnt this bad after 6 mo's of chemo!!!! After the 3rd dose, his abdomen started bloating in the liver area, he got weak, then had facial drooping. We told the oncologist and he suggested steroids then another dose after a week delay. One more dose, my dad was barely walking, slurred speech, barely eating, increased edema in abdomen and legs. Then at 4am, my mom calls me. My dad somehow made it to the kitchen and couldnt stand, couldnt walk, could barely talk!!!! We called an ambulance and sat in ER, then admitted to hosp. The next morning, he was transferred to the local VAMC, palliative care floor. He died 2 days later. I do not believe opdivo was working, but rather attacking healthy cells instead of the cancer!!!! I will never ever recommend opdivo to anyone!!! Opdivo killed my dad. I think if they had just stayed with regular chemo he would still be alive!!!