I was in a lot of pain in my lower back and shooting pain down my leg for months, and had increasing difficulty in walking and sleeping. I had been forced to use a cane, and a scooter to get around and I could no longer walk any distance. I had to stop physical therapy because the pain was too bad and epidural injections seemed to offer little relief. The MRI indicated that I had tissue from a her...

Caused severe stomach pain and nausea. No relief at all from pain due to arthritis and DDD

Katrina Braithwaite | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/5/2021
Condition: Pain

I was put on this for severe fibromyalgia pain and full body osteoarthritis.. I took it about two weeks before I noticed that I was dizzy all the time. My heart was racing constantly. And I have sever stomach pain like heart burn that feels like I am having a full blown anxiety attack.. out of the blue I developed carpal tunnel syndrome in my thumb joints.. i am not going to take this anymore ! The side effects are not worth the relief ! I will continue on my pain meds and my fentanyl patch .. this stuff is garbage and dangerous Read More Read Less

J Woolridge | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/3/2021
Condition: Joint Damage causing Pain and Loss of Function

Joint damage from Lime. I took 400mg for seven days. Terrible fever, fast heart, heart pain and a heart attack on seventh day. Dr. said I was allergic to it. I would never take again.

woops | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/12/2021
Condition: Pain

Was on this medicine for a week and could absolutely not take the side effects (I'm someone who experiences a lot of unusual side effects so I've come to expect them, but on this it was unbelievably bad). Had diarrhea everyday for a week and couldn't stand it anymore. I did notice most of the sharp pain in my joints had dissipated, but I was left with an ache and stiffness. I found it was a bit hard to swallow as well? it always felt stuck in my throat. overall, I have more relief with 800 mg ibuprofen.Read More Read Less

Lynn Backhaus | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/9/2021
Condition: Pain

I havent been able to relieve my back pain with this drug and i wake up at night

Lullaby | 45-54 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/13/2021
Condition: Rheumatic Disease causing Pain & Stiffness in Backbone

Celebrex gave me joint pain relief that I could not manage on a biologic alone, and it is supposedly safer than Advil. I noticed a lot of dizziness while on it and heart palpitations, which gave me panic attacks. My stools turned a pale color, and I felt sluggish. Weight gain and bloating didnâ??t suit my petite frame, but it was the dizziness and palpitations that made me stop taking it. Nausea accompanied the dizziness. My rheumy wanted me to take an anti-nausea drug and another for vertigo, but they had their side effects. Overall, Celebrex worked for my pain; the many side effects though outweighed the pain relief benefit, so after one year, I stopped taking it. If you donâ??t suffer these side effects, you are fortunate. Read More Read Less

rbellie | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/19/2020
Condition: Joint Damage causing Pain and Loss of Function

Have had pain from multiple sports injuries. Currently using it for shoulder pain (tendonitis, muscle tears, tendon tears) and it allows me to play golf and tennis without any issues. IT is a miracle drug for me as I don't react favorably to most anti-inflammatories (stomach pain) but Celebrex give me no side effects.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/27/2020

This medication only took away a very small amount of my pain and it caused me to have painful abdominal cramping (similar to menstrual cramps) and made me nauseous but I know that these side effects are not common with Celebrex so do not worry if you are starting this medication. I was also on a high dose (200mg 2x/day) so that might of been why.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/22/2020
Condition: Joint Damage causing Pain and Loss of Function

I didn't think I would be able to ever walk again. This drug removed the pain I have been feeling to a large extent.

Suzy | 55-64 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/14/2020
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I developed severe joint pain due to overactive immune system. Pain so severe I could not roll over in bed, dress myself or even carry a purse. After taking Celebrex for a week I had no pain or stiffness. I have been taking this drug for 5 years. I always take with food and a full glass of water. I have suffered no side effects. I cannot function without this medication. At some point I will need to escalate to a biologic but until then I will will take Celebrex.

Doro | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/11/2019
Condition: Joint Damage causing Pain and Loss of Function

Celebrex was very effective for me for over 10 years for osteoarthritis, it was a miracle drug. Then I had diarrhea, and it became severe. I saw my GI doctor and I had many polyps and inflammation in my stomach. I stopped taking celebrex and my diarrhea stopped. I didn't realize it was causing such stomach irritation.

EvaPete | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/17/2019
Condition: Joint Damage causing Pain and Loss of Function

Celebrex has been a helpful long term medication for my degenerative conditions. The arthritis pain in my knees has been reduced and has allowed me to move without pain. This drug is not for short term relief. In order to get the maximum benefit, expect to take it for 8-12 weeks. I have osteoporosis and arthritis with hardly any cartilage remaining in my knees.

KEL | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/7/2019
Condition: Acute Pain Following an Operation

I was prescribed Celebrex 200 mg after having total knee replacement. Started vomiting blood & blood in stool. Internal GI bleed. Ended up in the hospital. Blood had dropped from 13 to 8. Be careful with this stuff. I took two. One going in to surgery & one the next day.

Sari0213 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/26/2018
Condition: Acute Pain Following an Operation

Absolutely worthless. Does nothing for inflammation and pain after total knee replacement. Not worth the slim risk of side effects, not to mention the ridiculous cost

Pandora | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/15/2018

I had hives on my face and neck for 3 1/2 years and was told I was not allergic to anything. The antihistamines did NOTHING. I gave Celebrex (generic) a try of 200 mg a day for a few days and then as needed and now take it about 3 or 4 times a week. As an anti-inflammatory the hives are gone. It is the only thing that has worked. I was not prescribed this drug as it isn't used for hives. And, my doctor says she can't prescribe it to me for a rash - but I also have osteoarthritis and was able to give it me for that. Though she is required to start me out with 100 mg instead of 200 mg. One of the possible side affects of this drug is hives - yet for me - it took them away.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/31/2018
Condition: Joint Damage causing Pain and Loss of Function

I was in my 20s when my doctor put me on Celebrex to help with tendonitis issues. The Celebrex was worthless & I eventually had to have surgery. I was on Celebrex for about 6 weeks when I found out I was pregnant (unexpectedly). I immediately stopped using but it was too late. After my miscarriage I learned that not only is miscarriage a side effect, but trouble getting pregnant again is also likely. My husband and I continued trying to conceive for many years but I was never able to get pregnant again. I would not recommend Celebrex to my worst enemy!Read More Read Less

Dennis Richardson | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/26/2018
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

After suffering for two years with joint pain in my knee, afraid that I would need surgery, I saw Doctor Dana Bowe. He examined me and determined that my conditioned required no surgery. I have acute rheumatoid arthritis.He reconmended Celebrex 200mg one pill every 12 hours. After 36 hours I was a new man. I can run now. Before it was painful to walk . I have no side effects. I am 64 years old. I came off for a week and suffered. Will not do it again. It really works.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/15/2018
Condition: Acute Pain Following an Operation

had 4 impacted wisdom teeth taken out with some bone removal. still feel pain, but its so much better than if i didn't have them.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/13/2018
Condition: Pain

40 years of narcotics and other NSAIDS has damaged my stomach. I had resorted to toradal shots on an outpatient basis. I had my last shot on the day I got this medication. I have a new lease on life. And no side effects, I feel a miracle was bestowed on me. I hope the insurance will continue authorizing this medication. I went from a 6-7 pain scale on a daily basis to 1, occasionally.

Sandy | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/28/2017
Condition: Joint Damage causing Pain and Loss of Function

It said it would last for 12 hours, but it only is effective for 8 hours for me.

Gmoney | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/1/2017
Condition: Painful Periods

I was originally prescribed this for back pain. Didn't help but I found out that it helps with menstrual cramps. It is amazing. I get pain that is the equivalent to labor pain and this is the only thing that works. Like a miracle!