When I started on this pill I experienced several side effects, including minor hair loss, weight loss, irritability, breast tenderness, headaches, and painful acne on my back. But I chose to stick it out and most of these side effects tapered off and disappeared after two cycles. It's been over a year now and I'm happy with my choice to stay on Lo/Ovral. I still experience very minor hair loss...

I have been taking this bc for 4 months now and just found out I was pregnant. Some birth control! And the the 8 months before I got back on the bc, no pregnancy. explain that...

It happens | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/4/2018

I am currently 30yrs old. I was on Lo Ovral for about a year when I became pregnant. My child is now 10years. I will never take another oral contraceptive based solely on my experience with this one.

Tatersmama | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/18/2017
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I am only on my first week of this pill, but I am just wondering if anyone has had the same issues. I am 48 years old and have been having severely heavy bleeding for over a year, hence, the prescription. I am having really bad cramps and absolutely zero energy these last two days. My belly has swollen a lot. I know I am just starting with this drug, but am wondering if anyone else has had these issues when they first started. I will review again after a few months, but was just curious.

marshall | 19-24 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/19/2016
Condition: Endometriosis

i love this birth control. I have been on it for YEARS. i stopped it to try the Nexplanon, and now i got the nexplanon taken out and got back on this. I never want to take anything else. i've had unproctected sex with this and it has done good. Highly recommend this. Cleared my acne, i did gain some weight but i also don't eat that great either.. but bottom line, i love this pill!!

vintagevira | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/17/2014
Condition: Abnormal Bleeding from the Uterus

This has to be the worst birth control I have ever taken. I was placed on this to help regulate my period and becus its such a low dose but Ive been on it for 2 weeks now and I'm still bleeding and huge clots. Side effects have been nausea and severe cramps ontop of the pain I already have. I will give it another week Or so. I may need a new method or start taking orthotri lo.

A Brownie | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/3/2013

I have been taking Lo Ovral for over 8 months me and my boyfriend have really enjoyed this birth control. It has regulated my periods and I have not gotten pregnant. I take this birth control as directed. Make sure that you do not miss any pills and take them around the same time everyday. I advise every woman to set an alarm everyday. I especially set that alarm around my school day. I really am satisfied with this birth control.