I have been one this pill for two years on and off. I have noticed that when I DON'T take the pill, I have a sex drive, I'm not irritable, I don't have migraines, Let's just say I'm a normal person. I think I'll just get my tubes tied.

I have had side-effects relating to this drug and it's not exactly a joyful experience, as this is the first time I'm on birth control.

Cgreen | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/24/2013

I as put on this bc at age 14, I am 28 now and only recently tried something new in the last 3 months because I had no libido left in me what-so- ever and I am a smoker. I want to say that other than the sex drive problem, I NEVER had a complaint about this pill. Now that they have tried me on something called ortho micronor and I've never had acne this bad in my life, and not just acne but cystic acne. My boobs grew which was great, and i havent had a period, but I'd rather have a clear face!! Help!! What should I try next? I still want another child after graduate school, so until I can get tubes tied, what should I try next.

g.b. | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/23/2013
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

two weeks into taking this pill my mom and best friend were ready to have me committed. i would be crying then angry and never could tell anyone, including myself, WHY. i was crying hysterically at christmas carols and ready to beat the crap out of the guy in front of me at the atm, within moments. mood swings, weight gain, and ACNE. and i thought having a long heavy period was too much trouble. boy, i was wrong about that.

PittsGirl | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/23/2013
Condition: Abnormal Bleeding from the Uterus

well i would like to start off by stating that birth control really doesnt cause the excessive weight gain, but it does cause me to want to eat more and have theser cravings the first month i took this pill. over al my period came as soon as i stopped taking it and went away when i strated my next pack. i started taking this because out of nowhere my period had kept coming every other week(this has never happened to me before). i am 22 yrs old and married. so been with same person for years now. we are trying to conceive so i am hoping in two months we can stop taking the pill and start trying again ! over all satisfied with the pill. no cramps, no headaches. keep in mind every lady is different!

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/23/2012

WORST PILL I HAVE EVER BEEN ON! I wish I never switched to it!!! If it was possible to give it ZERO stars I would! I was doing completely fine on my previous pills, but after my friend, roommate, and doctor all told me Ortho Tri-Cyclen is good for clearing up acne, I decided to give it a shot. Why not? I've never had BAD acne, just a breakout hear or there, but I figured since it was $3 at my campus' health center, why not try it out. WRONG. I literally had my period for over 2 months STRAIGHT. Not spotting, not random bleeding-- I had my full-blown, not to mention HEAVIEST period of my life, for over 2 months. It was horrific. I was constantly tired, run down, and felt like crap (from losing blood?) I assume this happened because my previous pill was monophasic, and Ortho Tri-Cyclen is triphasic so my body was adjusting to a week or 2 of lower estrogen, etc. So my doctor switched me to Ortho Cyclen (monophasic). This just prolonged my never-ending period and made no difference, so I was officially fed up and kicked both these brands out of my life.

Nay | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/4/2012
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

After excessively bleeding for 3 months I was put on Ortho-Tri-cyclen. During the first two weeks I had headaches and upset stomach, which these symptoms did get better, but it got wose after 2 weeks. Frustration, emotional, depressed, anxiety, loss of sex drive, not wanting to be around people, overwhelmed, unhappy, nobody could do nothing right, no motivation and no patience for myself or others was the next horrible side-effects I had, which was never my character off this drug..I am getting Mirena in 4 days to stop bleeding, which Ortho has not stopped and I am scared to death reading the reviews..doesn't sound much better than Ortho, but I am trying to turn every stone before a hysterectomy...sorry to report that Ortho is not working for me...good luck