Good news - works on migraines especially in conjunction with Botox. Reduced both severity and frequency . Bad news - weight gain (7 lbs) , constipation is an understatement , acid reflux due to the digestive tract coming to a screeching halt, chest pain- ink is only related to gastro difficulties at this time (stress test in two weeks). Miralax and protonix now needed on top of the 64 oz of water...

The autopen is very difficult to use. It takes many, many tries to get the pen to actually dispense the medication. It "clicks" each time you press the button but it doesn't seem to work properly on each "click". It bitterly took me 5 minutes to do one injection. My Husband is on Humira and their auto-pen works flawlessly every time. Why can't Aimovig be this easy to inject?

Lindsey | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
9/14/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Have tried many many medications over the past 27 years. This is the only medication that has kept me migraine free for three months!

LeslieF | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/13/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Had my first injection a week ago. Had flu like muscle aches hours after injection, developed what I would term a baby migraine (meaning a migraine but slightly less severe than full blown) the next day, total insomnia the next two nights, and headache has not gone away since it started on day 2. I've had no constipation issues. I don't believe this drug is going to work for me. Wish they were upfront about the possible side effects.

Cole | 35-44 | Nonbinary | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/1/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I had been using 70mg Aimovig monthly since 2019 up until March 2022. Had 10-15 migraines per month down to 1-2 every 6 months if that. Great drug, very minimal side effects. Constipation would be the biggest complaint. Sometimes injecting would be painful due to placement. (I'm a medical professional certified to give injections too) Aimovig was a life saver, unfortunately insurance dropped from formulary. Trying what's covered now If you're worried about trying this due to side effects like constipation, drink more water & add more fiber to your diet during the week after injection. Worked wonders for me, loved having my life back!!!Read More Read Less

Diana | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/25/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I had been getting Botox for 6 years and wanted a break for a year with my migraines returning with a vengeance. i just tried this med and I'm VERY relieved that it has worked remarkably well for me. This will be my medication now for this crazy condition!

AHooks | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/20/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Complete game changer, I went from 9 to 10 migraines a month to only 2 Migraines in a 6 month period! Injections are easy, and zero side effects!

Miguelitoe | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/30/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Reduces the frequency of my migraines, allowing me to live better.

Kim | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/8/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Miracle drug, was having 10 to 12 migraines per month, now having maybe 1.

Lisa | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/5/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Cost puts it out of reach to seniors like me who need it Cannot get your age selection to put in 68!

CW | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/31/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

You guys, I'm highly allergic to latex and was prescribed this life killer. I just want to die to get relief. Extreme vertigo for a month straight, colitis, hair falling out, extreme gut/back pain, my vision is now horrible, I'm stuck in bed and cannot function. The migraines are so much worse now. I've been to the ER, stayed overnight in the hospital, given vials and vials of blood, had CT scans done of my gut and head and I can't walk without holding onto the walls. I can't do anything!! And it takes 5+ months to get it out of your system. I'd welcome death over this any day!! This should have never happened with latex allergies all over my charts. I'm ready to tap out after a month of this horrendous pain and vertigo. Read More Read Less

Carol | 7-12 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/30/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Aimovig is a terrible drug! A dangerous one! I took 1 injection 70mg October 15th it has caused my bowels to stop moving/working. I have not been able to eat any solid for for the last 10 days. My bowls were completely backed up and now have distended intestines. I used Miralax to evacuate and am on a liquid diet as I cannot pass any solid foods. I am not better but worse. I read that it takes 5 months for the drug to leave the body. Praying that I get my health back soon, I am very weak and very sick. It has also caused m insomnia and pain in my hips and legs. Do not risk your health, this drug has harmed a lot of users and is dangerous, please check drugs.com and other sites. Lots of bad reviews. Read More Read Less

Ide | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/25/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Have chronic migraine daily. Get 70mg Aimovig for 14 months with good effect. Cut down to 6 days per month with only mild constipation and hair loss. My doc asks me to stop as a trial based on the protocol. Nightmares start. Return daily migraine and worsen. Try 140mg once with terrible attack nearly go to ER. No subsidy in the coming week. Anyone experience the same thing. Should I switch to other type.

Raymond | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/2/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Took sample of Aimovig provided by my PCP ON 8/1/21. No reduction of migraines at all, in fact, more than prior month. Constipation issues and a kind of shallow breathing throughout and continuing to present. Would advise anyone considering taking it that, if you encounter side effects, please recognize that the medication may remain in your system for months, even though it’s effective treatment for migraines is only 30 days. Would not use another medicine of this kind (I.e. 30 day injection with potential to last in system longer) again.Read More Read Less

amjmmc15 | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/13/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Started taking Emgality 6 months ago. It helped with the migraines but eventually stopped working. I did have some side effects. Mostly GI & fatigue. Starting taking 140mg dose of Aimovig for 2 months. Increased migraines, GERD, anxiety, depression, insomnia, fatigue & extreme bouts of vertigo. This medication has robbed me of my happiness and left feeling helpless and scared. I pray it has not caused any permanent damage.

Ellen | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/5/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

This drug has absolutely changed my life. I have gone from 25 headache days a month to 2 headache days a month. Not only that, but the severity of my headaches has dropped drastically. After suffering for 36 years, I feel like I'm finally living instead of surviving.

Donna | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/14/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

This med gave me flu syndrome for 40 days so bad I really wished i would have died while on it. That is how awful it was. My pain specialist kept telling me it wasn't the aimovig but my primary doc found no virus in me but i had all the symptoms 3 days after the shot.

amycarrie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/30/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

This drug has reduced my migraines from 8-12 a month to 4-5 or less.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/28/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Iâ??m a 40 year old woman and have had migraines since I was 19. I use Maxalt (rizatriptan) as a rescue drug, which works, but it doesnâ??t prevent me from getting multiple per week. Migraines had essentially controlled the majority of my life. Iâ??ve just recently started Aimovig and have had ZERO migraines since my first injection almost a month ago. Also, the only side effect was very mild constipation a couple days after the injection. I am vegan, which drastically decreases GI issues anyway. Iâ??m so thankful to have gotten Aimovig!!!Read More Read Less

Grogu | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/20/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I am a 23 year old male who was having 15+ migraines a month for several years. After trying nearly every preventative available I tried Aimovig and it has changed my life. I now get maybe 1 migraine a month and I have no side effects. I can not recommend this product more.

Unwell | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/17/2020
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I have previously posted about the awful side effects from this drug, insomnia, dizziness, feeling spaced out and sick. It is now two months since I injected 140mg. The day time side effects lasted for 7 weeks. I am still struggling with the insomnia. Initally I took Xanax as this was the only thing to make the side effects bareable but this wasn't sustainable after a couple of weeks so I switched to Melatonin which has helped. For anyone else struggling with this drug it does wear off but slowly.Read More Read Less

kolt228 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/1/2020
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Comment: I am a 55 year old man with chronic migraine. I injected 140mg having read that the only side effects were constipation and injection site soreness. The side effects started 24 hours later and didnt' include the ones stated, chronic insomnia, racing heart, hot and cold flushes, feeling sick and spaced out and terrible headaches. I don't know why anyone would take this drug.