I take a high-dosage of Depakote ER to prevent migraine headaches. With consistent use of this drug, my incapacitating migraines have dropped from 2-3 a week to perhaps one or two per month. For me, it's been a godsend, with absolutely NO bad side effects. It even helps my insomnia, as I take it at bedtime and it has a calming effect. I can't praise this medication enough!

My best friend was on this medication for 3 weeks for migrane prevention. She ended up in the ER and was admited to the hospital for observation because she had a near death reaction to it.

J | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/6/2020
Condition: Epileptic Seizure

More frequent and more severe seizures, weight loss, kidney stones, drastic changes in sleep habits, easily angered with no memory of lashing out.

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/10/2018
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I had tried so many medications for migraines and none worked. This one has worked great!

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/7/2017
Condition: Bipolar Depression

I have been on this drug off and on for a couple of decades. It helps with my depression and cycling. However, I get just about every side effect there is on it. Stomach issues, crossed eyes, severe hand tremor, weight gain, unsteadiness, etc. That is why I don't stay on it. It ruins almost all of my hobbies, making life a bit less enjoyable. So, for me, it is a catch 22. Go off and deal with depression or stay on it and deal with the side effects?

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/12/2017
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I was having headaches everyday. Now I have none. The drug does make me a little sleepy during the day but it's nothing compared to having headaches all the time.

Chatty | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/1/2016
Condition: Bipolar Depression

This med does not work. DO NOT GO OFF COLD TURKEY. I ended up in the ER with almost having a heart attack. I am 63 and was on it for over 20 yrs. The dr. said it would be out of my system in less than 24 hrs. WRONG! A very dangerous drug.