I have Asthma and was coughing almost non-stop. My Doctor added Qvar along with my regular Proventil Inh. and in one week I was 88% back to normal on Peak flow. Yes I still have bad days but QVAR is working for me. You must use it daily and not miss any doses. Also wash out your mouth after each use. Your voice sounds may change somewhat but it's the breathing and life that count, make the most of...

Hav not started

Marplemad | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/15/2022
Condition: Asthma

I am on my 4th Qvar inhaler. Out of the 4 inhalers, 2 worked, one was a complete failure (though testing by pressing it worked fine), and one has started malfunctioning half way through it's suggested usable time. The medication now discharges right at the end of a long inhale, leaving me with smoke-like medication in my mouth. If I wasn't already swapping back to the original inhaler, I would now insist on doing so.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/9/2022
Condition: Severe Chronic Obstructed Lung Disease

They say it stops working around 40 puffs left. Mine stopped working around 43 puffs left. It was spraying after I inhaled. I tested it and found if you shake it like other inhalers it works fine.

Anonymous |
8/27/2022
Condition: Asthma

This new so-called breath-acuated Redi-Haler is less than a sick joke!! It doesn't work and is worthless for "only" $213.00 & that's thru Good RX discount! Read the reviews & very many say it either stops on them or never starts from the get-go! It is criminal that it's still available & needs to be recalled, banned, & done away with! Ludicrous!

Kayco | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/8/2022
Condition: Asthma

I'm unhappy with the new Redi inhaler dispenser. If you are having difficulty breathing, the inhaler is hard to use because you must inhale deeply to get any benefit from the medication. Also, I am showing signs of "thrush" in the back of my throat where I never had issues before. Will check with my asthma doctor to see if there is another option out there for me. Prior to the dispenser change, my asthma was controlled and I did not have thrush. Very disappointed.

Greg | 65-74 | Male | Patient
7/26/2021
Condition: Controller Medication for Asthma

Actuator did not work from the start. Very poor product.

Barney | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/11/2019
Condition: Asthma

Since they have switched to the redi inhaler, it works for a week or so and then stops dispensing or runs out of medication. The past three months this has been happening and now my asthma is back to where it was over a year ago when I was first prescribed it.

Landy | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/22/2019
Condition: Asthma

The drug works but since they changed the package so Teva could charge more for it, the inhaler doesn't work properly. But what really bugs me is it now costs me $180 per inhaler. What a rip-off.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/19/2019
Condition: Asthma

Since the makers of Qvar changed the dispenser Iâ??ve had difficulty dispensing the medication. About 1/4 or halfway thru it it stops working. I donâ??t shake it or rinse it, the instructions clearly states not to do that. Still doesnâ??t work. I contacted the the maker Tevar and they gave me a new one. 3 months straight this has been happening. I told my doctor to switch my inhaler. 3 defective inhalers in a row was enough for me.

Jh | 35-44 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/9/2019
Condition: Asthma

The new redi inhaler has caused me lots of problems. I never had any issues prior to this package change (over years with the new packag It works great when it is new and I have no symptoms with one puff a day. About halfway through the dose counter it seems to stop giving medicine and my symptoms get progressively worse. I have had the new package 3 times now and he problem is consistent each time. By the time I get to say 60 puffs I notice an issue. The time I kept going and went to 38 doses left I was doing a puff in the morning and at night but I was using abuterol 10 times in 24 hours. I got a new inhaler and started using that and symptoms immediately improved and I was able to go back to 1 puff a day. Again as long as I throw it out half way through the doses I am fine.Read More Read Less

DoctorsMakeMeSick | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/1/2018
Condition: Asthma

Their New inhaler, no canister: Side effects almost immediate onset ( few days ) of using it....chronic sore throat. Gargling afterwards as recommended is not helping. On 3rd week and have a sore throat almost all of those days. Headaches as well....

lacrosse | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/2/2018
Condition: Asthma Prevention

QVar has worked for me but I am really concerned if I am getting addicted to it. I normally have exercise induced/allergy/cold induced asthma but now... if I don't take the QVar my chest feels really heavy. Anyone else feel this way?

Keasterling3 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
5/21/2018
Condition: Controller Medication for Asthma

I was satisfied with Qvar BEFORE the new design of the redihaler. I just watched my 7 year old PROPERLY use this inhaler and get sprayed in the face barely missing his eye. He opened the cap to take his 2nd puff and before it got to his mouth it sprayed the medicine. If he hadn’t turned his head slightly it would’ve been all in his eye rather than all over his cheek! NOT HAPPY WITH THIS!

5/21/2018

NMBreather | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/12/2018
Condition: Controller Medication for Asthma

It took six months before I felt benefits from QVAR. Doctor had me switch from 40mcg to 80. Iâ??ve been on this medication going on 3 years now, and I was able to go 6 or 7 months without my emergency inhaler. I was diagnosed with asthma in my 20s but believe I had it as a teenager; I am almost 60 now. QVAR does more for me than Symbicort, Advair, or others. However, if they raise the price again and leave it off the Formulary, I will br forced to find a cheaper inhaler that is covered by my health insurance.Read More Read Less

rosecrest | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/12/2017
Condition: Asthma

I have used for several years with good result. Recently the canisters DO NOT DELIVER 120 doses. They seem to average only about half that number. It's very difficult to calculate haw much to take on a trip since I can't predict if I'll run out during the trip. (If an attack of asthma occur I have to increase both the albuterol rescue inhaler and this Qvar). I was quite well satisfied until this started happening.

mimi6 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/29/2017
Condition: Asthma

I was placed on Qvar because of my increased usage of albuterol inhaler. It has definitely helped with breathing. I can up stairs without getting out of breath since taking this medicine.

Ben Dover | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/28/2017
Condition: Asthma

Pain to use having to rinse after each use. Immediately got a sore throat that has not gone away for a week. Terrible croupy cough developed in 2 days and has not gone away. Wheezing all night long with coughing. Voice has gone hoarse and I can't sing anymore. Going to give it a little more time to see if things don't improve. If they don't I'm going to go off of it and find something else if there is anything else.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/1/2016
Condition: Controller Medication for Asthma

The headaches, dizziness and sore throat suck. I would get off this stuff now if the insurance company would agree to it.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/23/2016

I have COPD and this med solved my breathing issues. Only negative is it seems to have reduced my immune system quite a bit. This is a listed side effect so I was not suprised.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/21/2016
Condition: Asthma Prevention

I was told I had mild asthma and "restrictive lung disease," the result of a childhood illness (I started this medication when I was 68 years old). I was told to take this medicine two inhales, twice a day but felt "edgy" doing this and reduced usage to two inhales once a day. My coughing has gotten worse, not better. My voice is weaker (forget trying to sing!) and my throat is often sore and feels swollen. I have also gotten a lot of infections since beginning the use of Q-Var and see from reading other reviews the suggestion that the immune system can be impaired by this medication. I've also become anemic since starting this medication and question whether I might be having slight bleeding problems periodically from its use. I am thinking of slowly stopping this medication over time to see if the described difficulties improve. Yes, I have pointed out some of these issues to my doctor, but he is the "nods-knowingly" type but still thinks I need to continue taking this medication. Read More Read Less