My child has been taking this medication for asthma in addition to albuterol. I noticed when he takes the Orapred by itself he is not bouncing off the walls like he does with Albuterol. He does sweat a lot more with an increased appetitie and becoming more thirsty. Overall though I am very happy with the medication because it seems as if he becomes a lot more focused and not hyper.

Seems like efficacy could be better, faster. The nurse actually gave me a script, left the nroom and suggested I return if the problem did not improve. Bad science and bad P.R!

Sharon | 7-12 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
6/11/2013
Condition: Asthma

Side effect on my daughter was muscle soreness in chest, back arms and neck. Even sore to touch.

momtotwointhelou | 0-2 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
6/7/2011
Condition: Vocal Cord Swelling

My 19 month old son has been on Orapred for two days now for croup. It has stopped his cough almost immediately in its tracks, but not without side effects. He cries unconsolably for hours, obsessively rubs his eyes, nose, ears and head, and is generally distressed. He's normally a very happy little guy. I'm glad this is only a 3 day course of medicine.

naguilar00 | 0-2 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
5/30/2010
Condition: Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis - Fungal Infection

My 18 month old daughter tooks 1/2tsp twice daily for five days. She was extremely hyper and thirsty while on the med. After completing the cycle, she is exhibiting some withdrawal symptoms: tiredness, restlessness, thirst, mood changes. She is still too young to tell me, but she may be having other side effects too. To be honest, I am not even sure why she was put on such a strong steriod. We have been fighting a strong recurrent cough since she was 8 months with no difinitive diagnose except GERD, which meds aren't aleviating.

Marie11 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
5/10/2010

My 6 yr. old took orapred for 5 days & during that time he had uncontrollable tantrums 3 out of the 5 nights. I would not use this drug again. One night he was up until 5am unable to sleep.

cr0581 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver