This is my best drug. I used to have heartburn all the time eating Tums like candy. I would be sleeping and acid would come up into my esophagus and I would wake up in misery. With Nexium, none of that happens. I can take it every other day and still get by. I love It!

After 3 years of using. I develop Osteoporosis. Bcoz it stop producing acid then calcium production is impede. Acid is important in calcium production which important for strong bones. I stop taking it instead I drink a glass of water at bedtime and each time I get acid reflux/heartburn.

Preet | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/13/2022
Condition: Increased Stomach Acid from Systemic Mastocytosis

I had this medicine first time and I got severe allergic reaction and I'm in the hospital. Please don't take this medication because I didn't have any allergies from medication. I did have little bit seasonal allergies. Stay safe and consult to your doctor before having any on the counter medicines. I have three little kids and I put my life in risk.

Robin | 19-24 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/30/2022
Condition: eosinophilic inflammation of the esophagus

Wow it is the best .now I can sleep with out getting a burning in my throat and eating tums and a bad taste in my mouth

Wannabepharmacist | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/11/2020
Condition: Heartburn

Took fo approximately a week. Afterwards, after every dose, racing heart and diarrhea. Sort of like a gastric dumping sensation. The last time I took it, I had immense itching all over my body and vomiting. Apparently, this drug is not for me.

paco | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/20/2019
Condition: Heartburn

I had heartburn all the time. No more. I take 40mg everyother day. No side affects.

Lolly | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/2/2019
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

I�ve been on Nexium for decades for GERD. I�ve gained a lot of weight and suffer most of side effects others have listed. I have osteoporosis. I have developed terrible bruising on both my legs to the point where I keep them covered all the time, even when swimming. Doctors cannot find out the cause of this bruising. I�m constantly fatigued and doctors tell me I have fibromyalgia but I�m now wondering if it�s the Nexium causing this bruising and fatigue. Over the years I�ve taken myself off the Nexium but then have an episode where I think I�m having a heart attack. So I have to go back on it, I�m a 67 year old woman, people tell me I look like I�m in my early 50�s but I now feel that Nexium has contributed to more health problems instead of helping. I�ve had the dye test and no problems with my heart. Constant headaches as well. Going back to my family doctor this week to have a serious discussion about this. I have 80% Blue Cross coverage for Nexium here in Atlantic Canada but pay over $300 a month for this coverage. So I end up paying one way or the other. I still work full-time to help pay for this. Recently had to cut my hours back to 24 hours a week. Recent test show I have no more GERD so why do I need this medication? I�m on Nexium 40. Feeling very helpless.Read More Read Less

Handyman78 | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/18/2019
Condition: Inflammation of the Stomach Lining caused by H. Pylori

I am epileptic I take phenytoin primidone and zonisamide and gerd my chest started hurting from inflammation of my stomach I been to ER to make sure it wasnâ??t my heart my heart is fine now taking nexium 40mg for about a week and Iâ??ve had anxiety Iâ??ve had headaches dizziness and blurred vision about an hour after taking nexium 40mg so I just now have called and told the doctor that prescribed it to me to see what I should do

Sad in Denver | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/15/2019
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

I started taking Nexium for GERD 4 months ago. It controlled my GERD, but side effects for me have been hair loss, elevated blood pressure and sinus congestion. Stopped it for a week and developed rebound GERD that was awful and had to resume it. Now trying to taper off of it. Wish I had never, ever started it.

Mandarin123 | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/23/2019
Condition: Excessive Production of Stomach Acid

I was on it for a month, just to try and reduce the amount of stomach acid. And about two weeks into it my intestines felt like they were going to fall out of my body, three weeks into it, my boobs grew and hurt so much. I dont know if that is common but that was what I had.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/19/2018
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

It's pricey but absolutely worth it when severe acid reflux hit.

daemery | 75 or over | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/29/2018
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

I have been on Nexium for over 15 years, I started with 40 MG and when the paid increased last year, I started buy it over the counter and got the 20 Mg instead of the 40. I take one every morning, I have not ever had any side effects at all. It works great for me and I will continue to take it as long as I need to. I find it very effective.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/27/2016
Condition: Excessive Production of Stomach Acid

Stay away from this drug. after years of taking I develop osteoporosis. acid is important for calcium production. so instead I take glass of water before bedtime. it works!

russellmeans | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/21/2016
Condition: Ulcer of Duodenum caused by Bacteria Helicobacter Pylori

I had Duodenum caused by Helicobacter Pylor. It had bothered me from age 18. Had been on ulcer diet off and on for years. Maalox and other over counter antacids. Doc then switched to Zantac. Did a better job, but still would still occur always at a certain time of the year ? Then went on the antibiotic treatment and also went to Nexium 40 mg once a day. Been on it for 15 years now. Doc said maybe for life. It works well, not much problems, but I do wonder about the long term use, as it has not been around long. I have often wondered about the acid it blocks, as there are good acid's that we need for good health ? What do you think.Read More Read Less

Touch128 | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/2/2016
Condition: Ulcer of Duodenum caused by Bacteria Helicobacter Pylori

I have been taking this sence it came out. I used to take Zantac till my doctor said I need something stronger. 40 MG once a day. It has worked well for me. I have always been a little concerned about the acid it blocks. Don't we sometimes need acid to digest food ? Now I hear all kinds of warnings. What the hell is up with that. Also what is a alternative ?

No Nexium for me | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/8/2016

Gran | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/21/2016
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

I have been on Nexium since it first came on the market.I started on Nexium 20mg but am now on 40mg. I have GERD, Hiatus Hernia, esophageal muscle spasms(which mimic a heart attack), a torturous esophagus(which it causing the food to block up. In the beginning it helped but as the years have gone on I will wake up choking with a sensation going up my throat.I have many of the side effects that I have read here but hadn't know that it was the Nexium. I am having more pain and vomiting, excessive gas, tingling in my feet and hands, excessive weight gain, fluid retention(on fluid tablets to try and relieve the swelling), muscle jerking,nausea, vomiting,stomach pain, polyps. I eat small meals but even then it still blocks causing severe pain and then vomiting. I am being referred back to my GI specialist as my GP said the medication is not working as well as it should and that it needs reviewing. I am so glad that I am not the only one who has experienced these sided effects. Read More Read Less

Bergenlp | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/26/2016
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

I've tried everything. Been taking 40 mgs for years. Really need to eat nothing 2-3 hrs before bed - it can't work miracles.

doggyluva | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/20/2016
Condition: Heartburn

I have had chronic heartburn for months, it was waking me up at night and I was unable to bend down without pain. Since taking Nexium 40 tablets for only 5 days!!!!! the pain has gone.

nexiumCRAP | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/11/2016
Condition: Heartburn

I wish i had read all the reviews before taking this poison. It does what it says and stops the heartburn effectively but the side effects are not worth it. Severe weight gain literally overnight, i gained 5 lbs in 2 days and ate very little. headaches.. started getting severe headaches that lasted a few minutes at a time... joint and back pain... memory loss from what appears to be B12 blocking... calcium deficiency (it blocks calcium as well) I am stopping treatment with this garbage today. it takes 48 to leave your system so hopefully i start to see some improvement then. this garbage should be banned.Read More Read Less

Rebecca84Theis | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/19/2016
Condition: Heartburn

I didn't suffer from heartburn until I was pregnant with my daughter, and unfortunately, it stuck with me even after she was born. She is now 19 months old and I am still dealing with constant heartburn. So when I was given the opportunity to try Nexium 24HR for free, I jumped on it. I took it for 14 days straight and I noticed a substantial change!! So much that I already purchased a new bottle. I have been taking this for over a month now, and I definitely recommend using this product for heartburn! Read More Read Less

Transmitterguy | 55-64 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient