My daughter takes this medication. Easy to use, effective, minimal side affects - and occured when first starting treatment. She now able to focus clearly in school, pay attention, and seems happier and more adjusted to kids her age.

I would recomend all parents take their kids off this drug i was on it when i was 6 yrs old and went from being an active child to a complete zombie to the world my nephew 9 yrs old was recently on this and in the middle of playin his fav game he froze up and was uncomprehensive for 25 min..this drug will turn your child insane litterally i still experience unwanted behaviors even being off of it ...

dramallama852 | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/9/2019
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I've taken a variety of doses of this medication for about 10 years. My friends, teachers, and family say that they can tell the difference but, I don't feel any different. I am more hungry not less. I have lots of anxiety and depression which my doctor said the medication was supposed to help but, it hasnot. It's really easy to take. I really liked taking it in apple sauce as a child... but anyways I hope that I can get off of the drug soon ... I'm just tired of not feeling anything also, I'm broke so... paying for meds in college is not something I'm looking forward to.

Julian Joosten | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/14/2017
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I am 18 and have been using this drug for nine years. Metadate is effective, however, there is a risk of long term brain damage causing depression and schizophrenia like symbots. I have reached that point.

Shannonon | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/17/2016
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I am a 21 year old who has had ADD for what seems like my whole life. I finally took matters into my own hands and got diagnosed. My psychiatrist put me on this drug a week ago and so far I am loving it! I currently am taking 30mg once a day and might try 40mg just to see if it works even better. so far ive noticed my work has been improving and I find I am able to remember more, complete tasks quicker, and hold conversations without drifting off into my own little world. I have not realized when I start to crash, I can somewhat tell but it has not become apparent to me as of yet. The only side effect I have noticed is my loss of appetite, I am still able to eat but unless I actually think of eating I will forget to do so. I also have noticed a lingering feeling of a headache when I first take it in the morning but so far I have not actually gotten a headache.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
12/23/2015
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

My 15 year old son has been taking this for a couple of years now and it works wonders for him. He's in honors classes, competition choir, and theatre everyday and was having a hard time focusing on it all. He is on a 50mg dose but noticed that around 3pm he was starting to lose focus again. From 2:30pm until about 7pm he is in theatre rehearsal so memorizing choreography and lines were getting hard for him to focus on. We mentioned that to the DR and she recommended we try Focalin 10mg at 3pm and it also has worked well. Every medicine has side effects but its nothing he can't handle he says. He can now focus all day without getting upset. He has no problem sleeping with either as well and normally will go to bed around 11pm. Other reviews I've read have been negative towards the Focalin but I would just make sure to watch your child when taking any medication.

Mother of a 7 year old daughter w/ ADHD | 7-12 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
3/20/2015
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

My 7 year old began taking this just before her 6th birthday, during the middle of Kindergarten. We were on the 10 mg for about a year and had to re-evaluate after experiencing issues with her 1st grade teacher. We have not had any issues with appetite or weight change. Her academics improved dramatically from the beginning of Kinder to the end of the year. After increasing to 20 mgs 1/2 way through 1st grade, she is still having issues, not academically but socially. She talks too much during class and interrupts the teacher constantly. I'm not sure if her teacher is just over whelmed and doesn't know how to handle someone with ADHD, but it is a learning experience for us all.