I had a lot of problems with ortho tri-cyclin lo. The most troublesome being severe dizziness and constant nausea. These symptoms were so intense the first week of taking the pill, I thought I obtained a virus or disease. After three months of no birth control and not getting my period, my gynocoligest gave me a trial pack of brand name Loestrin. Loestrin was not only better than ortho tri-cyc...

The first few months on this pill were fine then i hit my 4th or 5th month and i started bleeding in the second week of the pack and it was heavier than my normal period. THis is the second time i have been on this pill. the first time i never had any problems

Julie | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/17/2020

I began taking Microgestin FE a year ago. Since beginning the pill I have had increased depression and daily suicidal thoughts. Two weeks ago I switched to Junel and the suicidal thoughts have disappeared. Microgestin did prevent me from getting pregnant but it's not worth the depression

Liv | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/7/2019

I used this BC for a year. It definetly worked as birth control but I was bloated all the time. Sometime excess of 7lbs of water weight. I started wondering if I had just gained weight but nope. I switched to Junel Fe a month ago and i am no longer bloated and weight so far is back down. Also when I first started microgestion I had horrid head aches and was tired all the time.

Liv | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/7/2019

Nico | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/24/2018
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I have been stacking Microgestin for about a year now. I switched from another type because I wanted something with a lower dose of estrogen. I have had no periods or spotting, very little cramping, and it has helped to stabilize my moods which are all over the place without birth control. I do have a bit extra puffiness and tiredness since taking birth control but the side effects seem to ease when stacking consistently. This is worth it to me since my periods cause intolerable pain and heavy bleeding that resulted in nil ferritin levels. Overall, everyoneâ??s body is different and there is no one pill that works for everyone, but this seems like the right one for me. I should note that I do not rely on this as a method of birth control.

Anon | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/23/2018
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods

Took this for irregular menstrual periods. This birth control has worked quite well for me. It's the first birth control I've had and I have been on it for a year and a half.