I have had migraines since I was 16 I"m now 38. I get them once every 2-3 yrs or so, but when I do get them they painwise they are a 100 on a scale of 1-10. I get the visual aura followed by the intense headahche, half my body goes numb, and I throw up. One time I slurred my speech as like I was having a stroke. My migraines are so severe that I used to go to the er. Yesterday I had a friend ...

it dnt work for me. i have to have surgery. my migrains coused by a tumor

Vmitch | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/6/2016
Condition: Migraine Headache

Info not leave home without the injection kit and panic if I gorges and/or hey low in my RX.

Tom | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/26/2014
Condition: Migraine Headache

I've had migraines for 50 years. I've used the autoinjectors since they were allowed in the US with great success other than the heart attack symptoms, fingers burning etc. for a few minutes. I've lost track how many shots I've used but it is somewhere between 1500 and 2000. I wasn't crazy about the spring strength in the last version of the injector as I didn't always get good penetration without "screwing" the needle in but now it seems the only way I can get them is in the "epipen" style. Seems like they went from a smaller more convenient delivery system to a larger more expensive one. Any idea why?

M | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/24/2014
Condition: Migraine Headache

This has been a life saving drug for me. 90% of my headaches tend to be conquered with excedrin and/or caffeine, but when the real migraines come excedrin has no shot. I have tried a few different drugs over there years with very limited success. I tried the oral triptans but they only worked if I took them the first minute I felt the headache coming on. If I waited to see what developed then I was too late. The injectable imitrex can be taken at anytime during the migraine and it starts working within the first 10 minutes. I feel a little nauseous when the imitrex starts to kick in as well as for the next hour or so after the migraine is gone, but it takes away the pure torture that is a migraine. It is so amazing to sit there in agonizing pain and then 10 minutes later feel 90% once I take the shot. I am so fortunate to have finally found this drug. I have taken imitrex and the generic, both with equal results. I only take the 4mg shot, not sure if the 6mg is any different but 4mg was what my doctor prescribed me. I am 6'3 215lbs.

FrugalCat | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/6/2014
Condition: Migraine Headache

I use the generic in vials. I inject with an insulin syringe. Don't like the auto injector and the pills and spray make me vomit. The injection works great and fast- relief in 5 to 30 minutes.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/24/2013
Condition: Migraine Headache

I did NOT like taking the Suvamal at all because the drug was under air pressure and it hurt a lot and made hole in my skin. Right now I am using the auto-injector pen and have some pills as well. I take both but not at the same time. My migraines are so bad I feel like pulling my hair out. I am very grateful for this drug. I developed Migraines when I had Meningitis and encephalitis at the same time. so I have an 18 yr hx of them. I did not find IMitriex until my TMJ/Headache doc gave it to me and what a relief. THe shots work FASTER and before I am done giving the shot it takes about 5 minutes and I am already feeling better as apposed to the pill form that takes about 30 minutes to start working.