I Have severe asthma, also copd and emphysema. i have struggled with my breathing since i was 19yrs old. i have been on this medicine for 1 month now and it has helped me so much, i havent even suffered any side effects from this medicine, as i have from many others. This is wonderful medicine.

Doctor perscribed medication for 300 and not 30mg. I ended up in the hospital with severe headache, dehyrdration, and vomitting. Overall the drug worked, but the overdose effected me in mostly negative ways.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/19/2016
Condition: Asthma

I have been taking theophylline for 38 years and other then having to adjust the dosage at times have had no problems wit it am now on the extended release twice a day.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/30/2016
Condition: COPD with Chronic Bronchitis

I was diagnosed with asthma in my early 20's and due to my smoking COPD followed shortly thereafter. I could tell you the name of every inhaler on the market and rate each just by seeing the color. A friend said she tried this medicine her Dr. perscribed but it made her jittery and she wanted to know if I wanted to try it before she threw it away. My breathing was so bad that I was headed to oxygen shortly. I tried this Theophylline and it was like some kind of miracle! I called her and said save those pills!! I asked my Dr. to write me up. That was 6 or 7 years ago. I take 200 MG twice a day and I've never had any side effects. I have suggested this to many people I see like myself,struggling to breathe. I stopped the ADVAIR and Spiriva and only use Ventolin now. About 1 inhaler a week. I'm convinced that this medication has kept me alive when I had 3 different Dr's telling me I would / should be dead by now. I am now 51 and no I can't run a marathon but I don't need oxygen yet and I can still do most of the things I want. Start out slow on your dosage.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/22/2015
Condition: COPD with Chronic Bronchitis

I had used this in the past with chronic bronchitis and had great success with this medicine with no side affects. I had been off of this medication for many years and recently had an severe asthma- COPD issue and insisted that this be prescribed for me as I am not using inhaled corticosteroids which have many more side affects and increase your risk of asthma related death. I spent three days in the hospital and have experienced a vast improvement of my lung function. I use 300 mg twice daily. This medicine has been in use for many many years without the serious side effects many of the new medicines have causing them to be removed from the market. I would not use anything else.

HAPPY BREATHING | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/25/2014
Condition: Asthma

THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD HELP ME WAS PREDNISONE BUT SINCE I STARTED TAKING THIS I HAVE NOT HAD TO HIT MY INHAULER AS MUCH AS I USE TO AND I AM ABLE TO WORK OUT MORE THE ONLY THING THAT BOTHERS ME IS THE HEAT BURN HOPEFULLY IT WILL GET BETTER.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/18/2014
Condition: Emphysema

This medication has caused some stomach pain. I have GERD also. The most annoying side effect is that it affects urination. I already have some stress incontinence. This medication makes that worse. I can only tolerate one 100 MG tablet per day.