2ND time on my face and its no fun it burns, itches, weaps, bleeds, scabs and people look at you like you have the plague. Hang in there baby it looks good when it heals but its no fun until then.

Have not used long enough to form opinion.

MLaughlin | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/20/2021
Condition: Roughened Red Patches of Skin due to Sun Exposure

A piece of advice. If you finished with the application stage of this medication and are using an ointment such as hydrocortisone ointment or Vaseline, if you start to feel excessive burning and itching, sometimes coming on fairly quickly, wash off your current ointment with a gentle soap and rinse thoroughly. Then reapply the ointment. Chances are, you are sweating underneath the ointment and it is pushing into your inflamed skin. You are literally pouring salt on your wounds. It will burn for a moment, and then the inflammation will calm down some, probably to tolerable levels.

Vikki | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/28/2020

The med is easy to apply, but of late I have experienced severe shortness of breath.dis include other s/e. I interested to understand whether or not it is an allergic reaction. As for effectiveness in treating skin cancer it's a matter of time.

mkk | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/21/2020
Condition: Roughened Red Patches of Skin due to Sun Exposure

Every time I use Efudex, even on a small area, I feel mildly nauseated and the skin on my hands gets painfully dry. Doctors keep telling me that this isn't caused by the Efudex, and I keep believing them. I use it again, and by day 10 I'm nauseated and the skin on my hands is once again like sandpaper, dry and cracked.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/8/2019
Condition: Roughened Red Patches of Skin due to Sun Exposure

I read a lot of horror stories online which was a mistake. I found this treatment to be nothing as harsh as others have related here. I did the upper lip for 10 days forehead and nose for 14. I have less wrinkles and less precancerous cells on my face. It was easy to use...just dont go online and read the horror stories

DRC | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/20/2019
Condition: Superficial Basal Cell Carcinoma of the Skin

My dermatologist has a different approach for his patients. Once a week for a month then twice a week for 5 months. Few side effects. I'll finish next week. Dr said none of his patients would use it the other way.