I was on amoxil for a sinus infection when it came back I had nasty sore throats every night which were gone within 24 hours of beginning this medication. It does taste horrible but I found a suggestion on another site to coat the pill in honey which works great. I don't taste the bitterness at all. It is a little rough on my stomach if I take it with milk or yogurt it seems to stop me from having...

This medicaton in the form of a pill has the most horrible tasting coating on it that leaves a bitter taste long after and is very hard to swallow because of its size.

Drugs r bad | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/8/2021
Condition: Pneumonia caused by Bacteria

Taking for pneumonia, only took 3 pills couldn't breathe extremely confused severe anxiety severe stomach pain dizziness,nausea and vertigo. I can't take sulfa drugs so doc prescribed this and I feel 100% worse I also have a bad headache. I will never take again.

hickchick48 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/3/2018
Condition: Lyme Disease

Been on this medicine almost 30 days. Was worried about side effects. Worst side effect is severe constipation for but so far seems to be getting rid of my Lyme symptoms. Tolerated this well on my stomach with food. 500mg 2x a day. Good drug for me.

KrisD3 | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/27/2017
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

I am allergic to Macrobid and Bactrim and had horrible side effects from Cipro so there is not much I can take for a UTI. My doctor prescribed this and it is the only med that gets rid of my infection. The generic form does not have a horrible taste, as experienced by some. I have found you must take it with food and during the course of your treatment, as with any antibiotic, drink lots of water.

Angela | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/26/2017
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

I am allergic to most of the main antibiotics used for urinary tract infections and I found that I can take this one. The generic does not have the horrible taste, but you must take it with food and drink plenty of water. I hate taking it because it makes me feel awful at first, but then after a few days, I get used to it. It does help my urinary tract infections.

connie | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/8/2016
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

A urine test was done by a lab tech. who reported to my PCP that he found bacteria in the urine - E.coli - which came as a surprise to me as I had no symptoms whatsoever. My PCP ordered the prescription, I took 2 pills a day for 5 days at which time I stop because I had vainal bleeding. Since then I have been having severe urinary tract infection.