Works very well to control blood pressure, however, for me, it also lowers my pulse greatly. I wore a 24 hour heart monitor which showed my pulse as low as 41 bpm while sleeping. Daytime pulse rarely over 80 bpm unless exercising. Occasional lightheadedness. But overall works better at controlling blood pressure than other drugs I've tried .

I have mild tachycardia and was prescribed this after Beta blockers eventually killed erectile function after years of taking those. Initially switch to an ACE inhibitor and the blood pressure was fine but the resting heart rate was too high, however, erectile dysfunction ceased and all worked normally again. Was switched to this calcium channel blocker and immediately, it killed my erectile fun...

Bobby | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/19/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Take 120mg once a day. Has lowered my bp but it's still high. Since starting, I developed a lump in my rectum, dry stools, lower back pain, and joint pain. Never had any of that before taking it.

xxannan | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/21/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Didn't work as well as beta blockers to control my high blood pressure and arrhythmia. When my dude was increased, I started having horrific migraines daily, leading to discontinuation of the drug.

none | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/8/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

After taking this medicine for over 1 year, it caused me to have pain in my left shoulders, left hips and thigh areas. I became lethargic and very tired. I also got a rash and sun spots over my face. I stopped taking this medication to see if all these symptoms would go away and sure enough, symptoms went away - Thank God, I feel so much better!! This medication has also not helped to lower my BP.

ZombieWolf | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/29/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I went onto this drug after years of bisoprolol had given me weakness in legs, ED, joint pain, drowsiness. Diltiazem after a week gave me constipation, bloating, some acid reflux, some palpitations, high pulse (85-100 usually), trouble sleeping- sleep in spurts with vivid dreams always. It's proving too much to tolerate, will instead request to try Diovan (Angio II blocker) at my appt. next month. Blood pressure on Diltiazem seems to be within normal range, joint pain is gone, ED comes and goes.Read More Read Less

Sapphire4x | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/22/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I took it for couple of days to decrease my blood pressure. It did not work at all. It has too many bad side effects such as gave me a bad cough, felt weak and fatigued, my erection went down. I also felt great paranoia and depression. Stay away from this bad drug.....

Sunshine | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/30/2019
Condition: Supraventricular Cardiac Arrhythmia

Have had no issues other than feeling a little tired.

JMiyata | 65-74 | Female | Patient
5/19/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Took this medication for 2 days. Legs felt very weak, like rubber. Had the shakes and felt like crap. All I wanted to do was lay down I felt so crappy!

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/25/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Took one dose of 120 mg and blood pressure went up by 30 units. I became extremely jittery and hyper. Couldn't drive. Horrible experience.

Anonymous | Female | Patient
1/23/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

This did absolutely nothing for my high blood pressure or my heart rate.

Barb | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/28/2018
Condition: Ventricular Rate Control in Atrial Fibrillation

It works very well , I had to quit taking due to insurance changes last year. I immediately started having heart rate issues again, Started the medication again and I have not had any issues at all since,

Becky | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/15/2018
Condition: Supraventricular Cardiac Arrhythmia

It makes me extremely tired...

BettynMaine | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/30/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Sometimes I feel like something crawling through my skin.

patient | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/8/2018
Condition: Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia

Started with 120 mugs. now down to 60 mugs. At first it felt like I had brain fog. Couldn't think. Tired all the time. Cutting the dosage helped. Now I'm tired half the time and thinking is more or less back to normal. Hard to tell when symptoms last for months. I forget was normal was like.

superjim | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/2/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Felt great before taking diltiazem. Then had chest pressure, increased tremors , weakness, nervous probems including adverse reaction to loud sounds, panic attacks. Dr said stop taking it. A disaster for me.

happy | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/19/2018
Condition: Chronic Stable Angina

Fibrillation is very much improved and I'm much less anxious I'm remembering dreams which are listed as side effects in the literature and they are very pleasant.

kakimmerling | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/25/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Made me itchy, achy, rash. Moody,depressed. My Dr. stopped it immediately.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/18/2017
Maggie G | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/17/2017
Condition: Type of Angina Where Chest Pain Occurs at Rest

I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia and this drug seemed to make my legs feet and hands swell so much it was really painful. I was put on this for suspected angina but then told fibromyalgia was causing heart spasms. I'm stopping it as the Australian summer coming in makes me swell up so this on top of that would be unbearable. I have nitro dura patches and nitrolingual under tongue spray and do not have high BP so I do not think I need this hassle with swelling by this drug too. If it works for you though please use it. Read More Read Less

amalcolmross | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient