I have suffered from recurrent miscarriages and Heparin has helped maintain my pregnancy and prevent my blood clots. I give myself 2 shots a day with insulin needles. I have been on the shots from week 13 to week 37 of pregnancy. I firmly believe in this drug! It has kept my pregnancy going at a healthy pace!

Being of the ISLAM faith, it is against my religion to consume,touch, or do anything that has that swine in it. They were aware of this,however continued using this drug on me. The adverse effects are irreversible. What can i do medicaley and legally?

yea | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/22/2015

yea

stu | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/11/2014

Been on long term(3 years) lmwh heparin sub cutaneous injections/daily.....last few months twice/daily...now 24,000units/ml daily....can be v.painful with prolonged use.Essential to vary injection sites....still,there is skin discolouration/degeneration in areas of repeat use.Important to try find new,uninjected sites wherever possible to negate this.Very much trial and error........be careful folks.......it's a great medicine but it has to be used carefully ! Best areas abdomen(side of stomach) and upper leg...found upper arms very painful after a short while.Hope this is of use to people.Looks like I'm stuck on this.........just got another 10 weeks worth.

Nilsa | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/18/2012

I used 3ml heprin 100U/ML to flush my picc line 4 times a day at first while I was on antibiotics (1 month) then once a day (1 month) after I was off of them till they took the picc line out. I had the picc line on for almost 2 months (4/27/12 - 6/20/12). It's been 1 month since I had it removed (today's date 7/18/12)and my hair is falling out by the tons. I am so scared that I will eventually be bald. I'm wondering if my hair will ever grow back.

Heparin | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/20/2011

Sue | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/8/2010
Condition: Deep Vein Thrombosis Prevention

Was given thid drug whist an inpatient in a public hosptial. Despite walking at least one kilometer a day (knowing long term risk of DVT's after 22 years following major MVA and chronic spinal injury) doctors ingonred my information and proceeded to give excessie amounts of durg. My stomach was fully black from bleeding, and no regular blood tests of effectiveness of treatment carried out. By end of seventh day, desptie severe illness and pain and request for second opinion in treatment which was ignored, I checked myself out. Pain and cortisol (adrenal insufficiency primary diagnosis with Type I diabetes and spinal injury complications). Major side effect since resolution of major stomach heamorrahing from overdose of drug has been complete disappearance of appetite. No success in regaining this appetite since August 2010 drug overdose depite numberous attempts to try stimulating it. Any ideas would be appreciated???? Kind regards Sue