This is the best antibiotic out there for me. It clears my ear congestion up and sinus problems from my allergies better than anything else. I wish more doctors would prescribe this instead of pushing zpack. My internist wants to always prescribe regular amoxicillan and it just doesn't work for me.

First off, I wish I had read the reviews prior to taking this drug. My Dr put me on this because I have nasal polyps and a deviated septum which he thinks is causing me to have a chronic sinus infection. Because of the severity of my sinusitis he wanted me on this for 2 weeks to start, up to 4 total. I am on day 5 of this and the first couple of days were OK. Skip ahead and I am now spending m...

Billie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/14/2020
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

it's good stuff, but everyday i get these strange side effects that worry me. I'm wondering if paranoia is a side effect!!

Kaia | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/14/2019
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

Horrific experience. I would not recommend this drug for anyone. 4 hours after taking it I was violently vomiting nonstop for the next 5 hours with horrendous diarrhea. I felt very out of it And extremely weak. I only took one and discontinued immediately. Not worth it whatsoever.

Rachel | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/30/2019
Condition: Diverticulitis

I took Augmentin for a second episode of diverticulitis. The first time around (two years ago) I took Cipro and Flagyl which felt like a controlled forest burn of my intestines. Augmentin was MUCH easier to tolerate. I second those whoâ??ve suggested taking it with probiotics. This makes all the difference. I took one or two probiotics about 2 hours before and also 2 hours after each dose. Definitely take it with a large snack or meal. Experienced only some mild indigestion about 30 minutes after taking it. My symptoms started improving around day 3 with continued improvement. For probiotics, I took a broad spectrum one with multiple strains plus a high powered version of Florastor. I was terrrified of taking Augmentin after reading all the reviews but dove in with the proper supports because there was no way I was going back to the Cipro combo. Good luck and I hope it works for you!

Anonymous | On medication for less than 1 month |
9/4/2018
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

I have been taking this antibiotic for 2 and a half days, and I do not feel like myself. I feel sweaty, as if I am perspiring uncontrollably. My anxiety level is higher than normal, and I feel shaky, tired, and extremely achy in my lower back and neck area. The symptoms that I have described are so much of a nuisance that I do not even know if I feel better that I originally did before the medication or not. Seriously thinking of stopping the Augmentin!

k | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/27/2018
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

The pills were huge. Caused stomach pain and excessive bruising for the first few days. A week into the treatment and I developed a large hematoma on my backside that may need to be surgically removed.