This is the best antibiotic out there for me. It clears my ear congestion up and sinus problems from my allergies better than anything else. I wish more doctors would prescribe this instead of pushing zpack. My internist wants to always prescribe regular amoxicillan and it just doesn't work for me.

First off, I wish I had read the reviews prior to taking this drug. My Dr put me on this because I have nasal polyps and a deviated septum which he thinks is causing me to have a chronic sinus infection. Because of the severity of my sinusitis he wanted me on this for 2 weeks to start, up to 4 total. I am on day 5 of this and the first couple of days were OK. Skip ahead and I am now spending m...

Augmentin | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/20/2021
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

About 1 week after finishing augmentin I ended up in ICU in the hospital with a very serious allergic reaction. I had a rash, itching all over and swelling and my joints hurt considerable. I had severe sepsis and was septic. I have had augmentin in the past for sinus infections but no more.

Liver damaged | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/16/2021
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

BE CAUTIOUS AND KNOW THE SIDE EFFECTS!!! A month or so after taking it, I started to get a yellow tent in my eyes. It started as a very pale yellow. I ended up getting COVID a few weeks after notice the color change and my whole body and eyes turned dark yellow in a matter of days. I ended up in the ER and was diagnosed with Adverse Drug Reaction in which the amoxicillin was attacking my liver. COVID did make the ADR increase the damage it was doing faster, but I am not the first patient the GI Specialist has diagnosed because of this antibiotic. He has had two patient need liver transplants. Needless to say, I am heading to a Liver Disease Specialist for a second look at the damage to my liver.

Ann E | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/15/2021
Condition: Cat Bite Wound

Today is day five of ten-day treatment. Pain minimal. Swelling of hand is down. I can close my hand into a fist again. Red has stopped spreading up my arm. However I am fatigued, achy all over, and depressed. I will finish but will not take this antibiotc again Mild gastrointestinal side effect.

Billie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/14/2020
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

it's good stuff, but everyday i get these strange side effects that worry me. I'm wondering if paranoia is a side effect!!

Kaia | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/14/2019
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

Horrific experience. I would not recommend this drug for anyone. 4 hours after taking it I was violently vomiting nonstop for the next 5 hours with horrendous diarrhea. I felt very out of it And extremely weak. I only took one and discontinued immediately. Not worth it whatsoever.