I am a little confused about using Meclizine as I don't get dizzy while standing or moving around, just when I'm sitting or lying down. It says for motion sickness, nausea, etc. which I don't have a problem with. Meclizine seems to work fairly well, but I'm still confused.

LindaB | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/18/2021
Condition: Motion Sickness

I have nausea and motion sickness. I take 50mg when I feel sick and it works in about a half hour. I get sleepy but that doesn't bother me. If I fall asleep I wake up and feel better. Dramamine doesn't work as well for me.

Dennis | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/6/2021
Angar668 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/24/2021
Condition: Sensation of Spinning or Whirling

Vertigo due to covid19. Helped a lot, but I did get tired a lot.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | Patient
5/24/2020
Condition: Sensation of Spinning or Whirling

Helped with vertigo but 25 mg 3x's a day made me so sleepy I could not hardly function. Only take 1 before betime but still wake up drowsey

ilive42day | 55-64 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/10/2018
Condition: Sensation of Spinning or Whirling

Like all medicines I want them to work right away. I started out withVetigo, took the pill and laid down. It helped the vertigo but I still have my head swimming. Better than the alternative.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/15/2018
Condition: Sensation of Spinning or Whirling

The chewable tablets taste like mustard. I still get dizzy laying down turning from side to other side. Hope the physical therapy at end of this month helps with this vertigo.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/23/2017

I am taking it for vertigo. It is helping with the dizziness. I am a little wobbley after about an hour and then it subsides.

sally | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/22/2017
Condition: Sensation of Spinning or Whirling

I was diagnosed with vertigo in the ER and treated with meclizine/25mg tablet. Took 1 tablet every six hours for about 5 days and it helped. Since the directions take as needed. I slowly cut down until I had gone without for several days and the vertigo returned. I am considering going to a ENT doctor to see if I should continue this way as the meds have not cured it.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/26/2017
Condition: Sensation of Spinning or Whirling

I was told I have vertigo. this med does help ease the spinning, but it does not take it away .I am still having dizziness & spinning & it has been 2 months.

LisaPisa | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/6/2017
Condition: Prevention of Motion Sickness

Was going on a sailing trip across the Florida straits on a 43 ft boat. So, there was quite a bit of boat movement. The first time using it I took 50 mg and it made me sleepy. BUt no nausea at all. Thereafter, I just took 25mg to avoid sleepiness and it worked fine. Never got seasick the entire trip.

ted | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/21/2016
Condition: Motion Sickness

When i take this pill i get pain in my stomach, and as far as i can tell there is no change

Paulinainnc | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/1/2016
Condition: Sensation of Spinning or Whirling

I had vertigo and some associated motion sickness. Med knocked it out within two hours after suffering with the vertigo for 2 weeks. I do have some sleepy moments (I take a short 30 b minute nap during my lunch hour.) But feel quite good after with no drowsiness after and ready for another four to six hours. I am sleeping a lot but I'm also no longer feeling like I am on the verge of fainting (woozy). I'm okay with the trade off for short term use.

piaupsaol.com | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month |
8/3/2016

blonde 1163 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/15/2016
Condition: Sensation of Spinning or Whirling

anivert is for vertigo , motion sickness,ect however the same drug that is used for this condition ,has adverse side affects " meaning that it causes dizziness" so im not sure I would take this

RaphaLady | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/4/2016
Condition: Sensation of Spinning or Whirling

I woke up 3 days ago with this sensation of spinning and whirling, nausea, vomiting. Could not get out of bed and felt so awful! Spouse called 911 and taken to ER. After lots of tests that were negative, doc gave me the Meclizine as a prescription. Found it OTC at WM. Have not had more of the vertigo but I do take it 2 times a day as a preventative. Have had no more dizziness or drowsiness. Not sure if theres a difference between otc and Prescription.

Lazysusan | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/22/2015
Condition: Sensation of Spinning or Whirling

I was given this after waking up with debilitating vertigo 2 days in a row. The medicine helped me "freak out" less but initially made me so tired I stayed in bed for 4 days and took around 8 naps a day then slept 12 hours at night. However, as time went on my spinning became less severe and I have found this to work much better with my mild symptoms and helps me function and stop spinning enough to either get out of the house or sleep through the night but I break the pills and take half so they make me less groggy. Would definitely recommend it if you're suffering. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/24/2015
Condition: Sensation of Spinning or Whirling

helps with the nausea but very little on the dizziness

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/12/2015
Condition: Sensation of Spinning or Whirling

After having 5 days straight of feeling like im on a tilt a whirl had the ER dr give me this and the sensation stopped and my inner ear fluid moves and allows me to return to normal day with this med in my system helps to keep it under control

Danicca | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/31/2015
Condition: Sensation of Spinning or Whirling

Doesn't see to eliminate all the vertigo, but at least I can function, I'm still afraid to drive. This drug also makes me very drowsy, and is hard to stay awake in the morning.

Steve | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/23/2015
Condition: Motion Sickness

I took this to mitigate travel sickness. About 4 hours after taking the medication I started to feel very tired. Colleagues asked me if I was okay. I managed to drive home from work, but went straight to bed. I conked out for 2 and a half hours. I managed to stay awake for a couple of hours, and then conked out again until the next morning. I woke up fell very hollow and disorientated. It is now the following evening and I am still drowsy and heavy eyed. I wouldn't recommend this medication for someone who needed to perform in their job.Read More Read Less