T-6 para from a MC accident. On 4 different oral anti spasticity meds prior to the pump. Those made me drowsey and unfunctional. With the pump I get meds directly into my spinal cord and dose is lower. I have now been able to stand and walk with a walker approx 35 ft. and gettting better. We are still slowly increasing the dose to find the right mix for me. I love it and highly recommend it ...

Mundane | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/15/2019
Condition: Muscle Spasms due to a Brain Disease

This was placed because of spasticity associated with PPMS and I was not tolerating oral baclofen. Since having the pump implanted, I have done well with spasticity but I started having dizzy spells within a month of surgery. The dizzy spells have gotten worse as we have increased the dosage. The nausea has become so bad during these episodes that I lose the entire day. It used to be only once every other month or so but now it is a few days per month. When I tell my pump doctor, he will not even listen. He says, "No way, no how can that pump make you sick." END OF DISCUSSION. Something is causing the dizzy and nausea spells that started 2 months after having the pump installed. I asked Medtronic and they will not give me an answer, they tell me to talk to my pump doctor. You can see where this is going. The whole situation makes me long for the relief that death will bring.

Sue | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month |
10/12/2018
Condition: Muscle Spasms due to a Brain Disease

Was great when I started it, but 2 weeks in started to have an allergic reaction. Face a and neck started to itch and confusion set in. Missed work and almost forgot to pick my son from school.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/12/2015
Condition: Muscle Spasms caused by a Spinal Disease

I had the pump installed about 4 years ago in an effort to reduce the amount of oral baclofen I was taking. I thought based on the test this would be the answer. It never worked as expected. I had to continuously increase the dosage to feel any type of relief, but I still had to take oral baclofen. It also is very cumbersome in the location it is in, and I lose some flexibility having to schedule refills. The drug is also very expensive delivered this way. The ease of use would not be a factor if the drug were more effective. I'm not sure what the answer is at this point.

Lee Yates | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/20/2015

Take for my spasticity. Drug worked great for a year then they increased it from 60mg per day to 70. Worked great for 6 months and it was increased to 80. Worked great for 3 months and increased to 90mg per day. Has stopped working and neither of us want to take more than the average dose of 80. Don't know what is next but that first year was great.

Goofie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/15/2014
Condition: Muscle Spasms due to a Brain Disease

Due to spasticity, 80 milligrams baclofen daily increased battles of pneumonia. Dosage lowered by Doctor controlled spasms/contractures until recently. Unsure of increasing daily dosage or starting a new medication to control spasms? Sustained spinal cord injury 30 years ago and realize I have probably outlive my life expectancy. Doesn't matter, I do not want to leave are with a number of contractures! Seeking alternative medications.