I was prescribed Nasonex for chronic nasal congestion and it worked, really well. I had been on it for about 10 years (2x daily) when I started having digestive problems, severe heartburn and stomach pains. For over a year I went to many specialists and no one could figure out the cause, especially since I had never experienced these symptoms before. Finally, I went to a naturopath who suggeste...

My prescription plan refused to give me flonase and subsituted nasonex. I looked at box and it was manufactured in Singapore China and I am sorry but I am afraid to inhale anything that is made in China.

lisa | 3-6 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/19/2011

My 4 yr old son was having frequent ear infections with sinus congestion. His Dr. decided to try this. My son is very sensitive to steroid medications so I was a little concerned about using this. I tried it. Withing 2 days he was moody, irritable, crying/sensitive...nothing like his usual self. He reacted to this spray exactly like he does to other steroidal meds. I stopped it right away.

synlupri | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/4/2011

Doc gave me a sample bottle because I had a severe sinus infection that was keeping my nose clogged up and I couldn't breathe. told me 2 sprays a day each nostril. Did 2 right there at the office, then two later that night. That's it! Why? Because I lost all sense of smell and taste. I can't believe it! This is FDA approved and all these people are losing sense of smell and taste? And its not on the list of side effects? Yes, I reported it to the FDA, and I'm hoping to God I get my senses back. After 4 sprays? Seriously? Terrible product! Just terrible! Shame on the company for not taking it off the shelves when all these people are reporting this too. Its only been a day, after reading all the other posts, I guess it will take weeks? UGH! Absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/19/2011
aldog365 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/14/2011

I have been using nasonex for about 10yrs to treat sinusitis.I have had no side effects.I'm switching to flonase because of cost and loosing ins.

feeling old | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/5/2011
Condition: Allergic Rhinitis Prevention

headache , heartburn , ache from head to toe and shallow breathing

jackson | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/30/2011

I think it has given me glaucoma in one of my eyes, is that possible??

nanamags | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/24/2011

Gerry | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/25/2011
Condition: Non-Seasonal Allergic Runny Nose

I have used Nasonex daily for several years with no noticeable side effects other than an occasional red spot in the tissue when I blow my nose. It was prescribed to help prevent nasal drainage into my throat that interferred with my sleep and a stuffy nose that caused me to sleep with my mouth open that resulted in snoring and dry mouth, which would also awaken me. Nasonex taken at least two hours before bedtime generally avoids these interuptions to my sleep.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/10/2011

chronic cough and post nasal drip

jmartin | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/27/2010
Condition: Allergic Rhinitis Prevention

Nasonex saves my life every year. My allergies are aweful and nothing ruins a day more than sneezing, watery eyes, and a stuffy nose, especially when you cant do anything to relieve it. After figuring out that no OTC medications worked for me, my doctor prescribed me Nasonex to prevent my allergies from flaring up. *Need quick relief??? Because Nasonex is a cortico-steroid, it takes about two weeks to begin working, so you have to take it before allergy season starts. Honestly though who knows when that is! If you need quick allergy relief and none of the OTC meds are working, Talk to your doctor about Xyzal. It is a tiny antihistamine that works wonders. After one dose I felt 10x better! So Yeah, Nasonex and Xyzal = best allergy treatments!!!Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/10/2010
Condition: Chronic Inflammation of the Nose Not due to Allergies

This Medication has worked alot better for me than Fluticasone,when i take it i get a headache immediatly.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/9/2010
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

I was told 1 squirt in each nostril, its been 2 days and I only used it once and I have diarrhea and I am nauseous every time I eat or don't. The side effects are way worse then the help it is giving you! If I would have thought it was this bad I would have never even tried it.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/22/2010

I was on this medicine for three months. After the second month, I started experiencing anxiety, mood swings, ear pain and pressure with crackling, severe headaches and pressure, blurry vision, etc... I quit taking this 9 weeks ago and my problems are slowly getting better but have still not gone away. I wouldn't recommend this drug to anyone!

Gunslinger1881 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/8/2010

I had a chronic cough that my doctor suspected was due to a bronchial infection. At no time did I feel my sinuses were inflamed or blocked but he gave me a prescription for Nasonex. I used it once when I got it but did not feel it helped anything. A few days later I took another dose, still with no effect one way or another. About a week later I bought a couple BLTs and noticed they seemed to have no taste or smell. I tried sniffing after shave, hand lotion, soap. Nothing. It's been two days and I can neither taste nor smell anything. I'm hoping this is just temporary. I have been also getting pains in my liver area that feel like muscle cramps but moving around or stretching the area does not relieve the pain. I just have to wait for it to go away in 10-15 minutes. I don't know if this can be attributable to the Nasonex.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/15/2010
Condition: Allergic Rhinitis Prevention

This medication had worked well compared to everything else I have taken and the only side effects were sore throat and dried nostrils.

honeybun | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/13/2010
Condition: Allergic Rhinitis Prevention

Caused more side effects than my allergies did. Lost sense of taste and smell. Food has no taste at all. Headaches, dizzy, head and sinus pressure. Metallic taste in mouth when I was using it. Used it for 3 months. Been off of Nasonex for 2 weeks, still have symptoms but not as severe.

[email protected] | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/12/2010
Condition: Allergic Rhinitis Prevention

I am so glad I found this site! The side effects are absolutely horrible. I thought I was losing my mind. Severe dizziness, headache, sinus pain/pressure, sore throat, blurry vision, eye pain/pressure, fatigue, nausea. I went to the Dr. numerous times to be put on antibiotics, sinus x-rays,CT scan, due to so much pain. Of course they found nothing wrong and could not explain my symptoms. Nasonex was prescribed for me 6 weeks ago, after a week I started having these symptoms and it has progressively gotten worse. I have been off the spray for just a day, after reading this. Other reviewers: please let me know when your symptoms subsided after stopping Nasonex.Read More Read Less

tracey | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/26/2010
Condition: Allergic Rhinitis Prevention

Horrible! The side effects were way worse than the sinus drainage I was having to start with. Head pressure, headache, ear pain and popping, sever dizziness, loss of balance, vision problems, eye pain and pressure, neck and shoulder pain, nausea and irritability. I would have never taken even one dose of this if I had known these side effects were possible. I have been off Nasonex for 2 weeks now and the side effects are getting better, but they still haven't gone away!

Mark D. | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/14/2010
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

Nasonex has caused me to have a month long headache, constant neckpain, loss of taste/smell, multiple sore throats, throat clearing, anxiety, racing heart rate. I do not know how this drug is still being used. I thought I was going crazy until I read this site and saw I was not the only one.

cgallup7 | 19-24 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient