I have been on this medication approx. 25 years. Like any medication the dosage goes with your weight, so as you gain or lose weight the medication would need to be adjusted. I have had no ill side effects. This medication gave me my life back instead of being in bed most of the week. This medication doesn't work for all types of migraines. My daughter also has migraines. She was diagnosed with...

Judjohns | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/7/2017
Condition: Essential Tremor

I have essential tremor and am a nurse practitioner. I used this drug when I worked in the hospital and had to start IV's, insert catheters and draw blood, etc. For many years as an NP I didn't take treatment due to the side effects of this drug but just decided to go back on it. I am probably not going to continue it. It does help the tremor, but I have had to quit swimming and karate due to sheer exhaustion and have had constant diarrhea for two weeks since I started it. I cannot give up my sports and am scared to death of gaining weight and becoming a couch potato.

Jane | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years |
7/22/2015
Condition: Migraine Prevention

The drug has effectively curbed my migraines but not prevented them entirely. The worst side effect is uncontrollable hunger, which I try to drink water and chew gum to alleviate.

elways77 | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/7/2014
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I love this medicine, my life is so much better, my migraines have gone away for good it seems after getting two a month. happy happy

?????? | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/15/2014

Was given Inderal la for rapid heartbeat, Mitral Valvue prolapse.

Joe | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/28/2014
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Very effective preventing migraines but difficult to deal with life style of constant tiredness. Also, if taken before working out in the gym, I become very nauseous , sweaty, and dizzy. Because of the side effects, I stopped taking the drug a couple of years ago but now that the migraines have returned (average of 5/per month), I am reconsidering. A regimen of magnesium/B2 for several months does not seem to be effective as an alternative to prescription drugs.