I have been on this medication for over two years. It has kept me from getting any more UTI, however I have had a persistent Cough and fast heart beat for 15 months, I have been sent to 8 doctors, all treated me for either asthma, or Acid Reflux. Till I read the drug Store instructions. Here all those symptons show up, including the cough and fast heart beat. I hope my doctor has another way to pr...

I almost died from using this med. I was hospitalized for two weeks with what the drs. thought was COPD since I was having breathing problems. No cough just couldn't breathe. Went to Urologist who had prescribed this a few months before and he immediately switched the medication. Within a week my breathing problems began easing up and I didn't have to use inhalation therapies. This was a pretty s...

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
8/23/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

This prescription was given me for a UTI (I don"t know which kind)at100 MG twice daily for total of 5 days star 7/2pm end 7/7/2020am and there has been no relief, in fact I am experiencing head and backache tiredness can't stand/walk

Blueskygal | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/4/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I had to stop taking this medication. I felt awful for about 3-5 days from the UTI. I was surprised at how hard it hit me. I am also in treatment for cancer using venclexta. On the 2nd to last dose I threw up after about 15 minutes of taking it. I felt sick with chills though no fever. The next day I still felt nauseous and like I had a flu (I didn't) so I decided not to take the last dose or my cancer med that day for fear I would get sick as a dog again. I've had better antibiotics than this one. I did have chills and nausea the whole time as the side effects mentioned. Can't wait til it's out of my system. I think I am done with the UTI - tomorrow will tell the story. The last 3 times i've taken an antibiotic I haven't reacted well. My system must have changed after having the cancer.

kiki | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/8/2019
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

After reading all the horrible reviews I was terrified when my doctor prescribed it. I reluctantly began taking it and was amazed to discover no side effects except for a bit of diarrhea at the end of treatment.

Emily | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/29/2018
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I have taken other uti meds in the past and they treated my uti while leaving me feeling fine. This medicine took about 24 hours to start working on my pain level and it makes me very dizzy at intervals throughout the day. Also, I am directed to take it 4 times a day with food. It is hard to follow that in regular intervals.

/Nitrofurantoin 50 mg. | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/6/2018
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection Prevention

I have found after taking this medicine for several years, without it I go into a UTI. I loose my strength in my legs and ability to walk as well, slow to function as fatigue. With the medication, I don't have a UTI and function as I should. While taking an medication is annoying, it eliminates the UTI and I go on with my day n life.