Been on this medication off and on for 2 years due to fluid retention caused from other meds taken. Dosage 20 mg's 1 x daily. I enjoy being busy and torsemide taken with other meds causes a severe loss of potassium and salt. It createes cramps sometimes so severe that I can not sleep nights, worst in the evenings. When taken with large doses of potassium and high salt intake it works well. For th...

Have only taken for 2 days. I have type 2 diabetes and all of a sudden my blood sugar was 598 without other cause. I read here that it could rarely affect ones blood sugar. It has never been that high. Calling the Doc if it doesn't straighten out.

Rana OP | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/13/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have been taking this torsemide for more than one year now my doc has told me to stop it for a while and monitor your blood pressure daily twice for atleast 15 days.The problems which I faced after consuming this medicine is light headedness, weakness, lousyness and vertigo not in the beginning moments but after about 6 months of regular consumption( 10 mg) once in a day.Now since I have stopped it today onwards let's see the results.

Sassie | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/16/2019
Condition: Fluid in the Lungs due to Chronic Heart Failure

I started out with being hospitalized due to fluid retention caused by congestive heart failure. They first used Lasix and got 20 pounds of fluid drained off. Then I went on TORSEMIDE 100 mg tablet once a day. My Doctors now have me on 200 mg of TORSEMIDE plus 25 mg of aldacton. The TORSEMIDE is working but it causes lots of muscle pain in legs and arms. I am diabetic also so along with the painful neuropathy on the bottom of my feet I am going crazy between the pain from TORSEMIDE and then the pins and needles feelings from neuropathy. I like the TORSEMIDE butI am hoping my Dr takes it down to 100 mg once daily.

Swiftypie123 | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/25/2018

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/31/2017
Condition: Visible Water Retention

not all that different from Lasix but seems more potent i.e. forces more frequent urination in the AM after taking it.

RosieRed | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/27/2017
Condition: Visible Water Retention

Worked a little for about a month. Then every time taken kept going unconscious for several hrs. Skipped a day and was fine. Hospital hassled me to take it and I kept refusing. Took it to get nurse off my back and went unconscious again. Happened 4 times. The doctors don't believe me about it. Thats the worst part. Now have fluid on lungs and body and their answer is to take the med. Refused over 3 months ago and have not had an episode. Just still sick. Done with that medical system.