It controlled my cough and allowed me to sleep. It did cause some drowsiness but I was able to work.

nursln | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/20/2017
Condition: Cough

It did lessen the cough but gave me severe diarrhea. The diarrhea stopped after the Dr. told me it was probably the cough med. It was not combined with an expectorant.

Dave | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/17/2017
Condition: Cough

I often have a dry cough and this works. Works great for my cold. I like Delsym because it tastes better than most liquids. I have had no side effects ever. I use Mucinex DM when I have a cold with mucous. Works great.

jeanstewart | 55-64 | Caregiver
4/9/2016

DXM taken in large does over a long period of time causes chronic pneumonia. Also it poisons the blood. choose your poison carefully.

karmaz132 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/5/2015
Condition: Cough

I feel light-headed when I stand to walk. It's as if I were high on some drug. This is not a good feeling when trying to get my job done and worst of all the cough is still going strong.

Lucy | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/12/2015
Condition: Cough

I do smoke and have a serious cough and this does work. I use the extra strength mucinex DM for 12 hr suppressant but it stops being effective after 8 hrs so I take another half n that gets me thru rest of the day. Works quickly