I use this drug for Trigeminal Neuralgia on the left side of my face and find it does stop the pain. But, I'm having to increase the dosage to 4,5 or 6 times a day depending on the severity of the pain. I don't know what causes the nerve to act up but I have bouts of pain every so often. I usually find that 3 pills a day work for me but when the nerve decides to act up I use up to 6 a day with ...

carol | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/12/2016
Condition: Epileptic Seizure

I've had seizures for 15 years and no drug helped. I had brain surgery and that didn't work. Carbatrol stopped the seizures 100%. I've been taking it for 15 years now with no side affects. Generic carbatrol didn't work.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/2/2015
Contributer | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/29/2014
Condition: Convulsive Seizures

Caused low blood counts. Ongoing severe drop in WBC, severe drop in platelets and in sodium. Bone marrow poisoning. This progregressively got worse after 10 years of taking. Was taking 700 mg twice a day for 16 years. Had to be weened off in hospital when platelets and wbc reached a critical level. My advice is to not start this drug or you might be sorry. It did control seizures but not worth the bone marrow poisoning side effect. Type of seizures was always tonic clonic grand mal. This is scary stuff!

Lawrence | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/18/2014
Condition: Epileptic Seizure

I've been taking this for 10 plus years and have remained seizure free up until a couple days ago. I was getting in the habit of ignoring my triggers and I also wasn't taking my pills exactly 12 hours apart. I learned my lesson and will be more careful now.

kennyatw | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/19/2014
Condition: Epileptic Seizure

I have been on this for almost a year. It has been working great taking 400 mg. twice a day. At my last appointment 6 days ago he switched me to Trileptal, 600 mg twice a day. This is not working for me, today I came close to having a seizure the first one in +25 years. I am trying to get switched back. Why can't they leave things alone when it is working?