Colon healed 90% when using this medication for three years. One short flare up, easily resolved by increasing dose from maintenance to max, then tapering back to maintenance. Side effects only in the beginning such as headache, bloating, dizziness. After months of use, none.

Made my symptoms worse. I had severe cramping to the point where I couldn`t move. Previously (on no drugs) have had solid BM`s, on Mesalamine, there was only liquid BM`s.

Jayne | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/8/2020
Condition: Ulcerative Colitis currently Without Symptoms

Diagnosed with UC after colonoscopy, having presented with severe acute rectal bleeding for one day, no abdominal pain. Have had only one mild flare 8 months after start of medication probably because I failed in adhering to the prescribed dosage. Was advices to maintain the dosage and strictly adhere. Havenâ??t had any issue since the mild flare (5 months now) and my BM is normal.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/22/2019
Condition: Ulcerative Colitis currently Without Symptoms

Very good experience. No side effects and I am in remission

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/17/2017
Condition: Crohn's Disease

Having taken Lialda for several years, I switched to this generic and am experiencing massive hair loss. Not worth the savings on generic vs name brand.

Issue Resolved | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/6/2017
Condition: Ulcerative Colitis currently Without Symptoms

I was recently diagnosed with ulcerative colitis/ proctitis. I was first advised I may have had hemorrhoids and after a colonoscopy that was proven wrong. I have been on this medication for about 1 month and started to see results within the 1st week of use. I am very happy as I have struggled with bloody, mucus diarrhea stools for 5 years. Now I have a normal bm.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/1/2016
Mitch | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/20/2015
Condition: Ulcerative Colitis currently Without Symptoms

Been diagnosed with UC since I was 18. Mesalamine never really worked when I used to flare up. Then I started using cannabis. Yep, weed proved to be a great anti-inflammatory. Literally no symptoms for the past 15 years. I urge anyone to try cannabis as an anti-inflammatory.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | Patient
7/11/2014

Anelle | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/14/2012
Condition: Ulcerative Colitis currently Without Symptoms

weddngsnger | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/24/2011
Condition: Crohn's Disease

I have been on this medication both oral and suppositories. I am still experiencing bleeding and diarrhera bouts a few times a week.

Joel | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/6/2011
Condition: Crohn's Disease

Been using for 15 yrs. under control well.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/22/2010
Condition: Ulcerated Colon

both mesalamine oral and enema made my uc worse,prednisone stop the symptons,but as soon as I started the mesalamine the bloody diarea started up again

patrickpjg | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/6/2009
Condition: Ulcerative Colitis currently Without Symptoms
chosinbob | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/4/2009
Condition: Crohn's Disease

Taking this med has put my crohns in remission

Nancy | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Caregiver
6/2/2009
Condition: Crohn's Disease

My husband has been using this medication for about 10 years, however, his liver function test has shown changed dramatically, we are wondering if this is a side of effect of long term use? Is this something that is happening because of the prolonged use of this drug? We are going through blood testing, liver function test and also a CT scan of the liver to see what could be causing this. We are not sure which drug is causing this problem, first checking on the heart drugs, to narrow it down. We wonder if any one else has this problem with this drug.Read More Read Less

cpercy87 | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/1/2009
Condition: Crohn's Disease

It was used to treat crohns disease, seems to have worked

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/9/2009
Condition: Ulcerated Colon

I love Lialda! I take it along with Imuran. I take one dose in the AM (4pills) and the Imuran(100mg)at night. My symptoms still come and go, but I am much better about taking and staying with my regiment. I strongly suggest this medication if you are sick of taking several doses of medication a day.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/13/2008

Been using for 2+ tears and only had one flare up of symptoms

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/13/2008
Condition: Ulcerative Colitis currently Without Symptoms

the drug does not work as fast as I would like it to.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/1/2008

I started taking this asacol a couple of months ago for Ulcerative colitis. It worked for two months then my diarrhea came back. It hasn't gone away. Now I have to take prednisone.

Ted | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/18/2007
Condition: Ulcerative Colitis currently Without Symptoms

I take 1 gram in the AM and 1 gram in the PM every day and it has controlled symptoms for me, it has been very effective and avoids the headaches that the rectal mesalamine causes.