After not sleeping cause of a cough and running nose I took this and was able to finally get a good nights sleep. I took it early and it knocked me out I slept a good nine hours.

I bought NyQuil and NyQuil Nightime. Took the Nyquil at 6am before work and by 7am felt like I'd been hit with a tranquiliser gun. It's now almost mid-day and I can't keep my eyes open. When it says it can cause drowsiness, it's not kidding. Heaven knows what NyQuil Night-time is capable of!

Dana | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/5/2022
Condition: Cold Symptoms

Took recommended dosage for adult and have been terribly sick since. I have been vomiting, severe nausea, stomach cramps, back pain, very tired and have no appetite. This has gone on for 2 days now.

Noemie | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/28/2022
Condition: Cough

Yes it stoo my cough, also gave me upset stomach, sweats and intense back pain, so much i was falling asleep because of the medication but couldnt sleep because of the pain.

Anon | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/22/2021
Condition: Cold Symptoms

Nyquil was always my go-to night time medicine when I had a cold, but this time was different. I'm not sure if the formula has changed or something, but I bought a bottle of the cherry flavour, took slightly less than a full dose last night, and was up an hour later with severe nervousness, restless legs, feeling overall jittery and shaky. Won't take it again!

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/4/2019
Condition: Cold Symptoms

Itook two pills and falled asleep immediately at 8:00 pm and woke up the next day at 9:00 am, simptoms improved but the drowsiness this caused it scary, the next day I still was like in the clouds it is very strong not recommened to everyone.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/19/2019
Condition: Runny Nose
Ricky | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month |
10/7/2018
Condition: Fever

So I took this medicine because I wanted to ease my flu symptoms(fever, sore throat, and dry cough) I took the NyQuil right before sleeping hours and like 25 min later, I went on my bed ready to sleep and my heart started beating fast, my fever got really bad before it started to ease a little bi, then as I closed my eyes for a while ready to sleep I felt this huge shake in my head I thought I was about to pass out and my hand started shake as well. I am a healthy guy. I donâ??t take other medications due to other illness because I donâ??t have any but this drug is terrible. I donâ??t recommend it. Side effects were unusual and very uncomfortable.Read More Read Less

crpmgp | 19-24 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/26/2017
Condition: Cold Symptoms

I take it to go to sleep and it makes me not sleep.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month |
5/3/2017
Condition: Cough

There is no direction of dosage on the product. it only shows the ingredients of 30ml? how many times i should take this medicine per day?

beachlove3 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/25/2017
Condition: Cough

I took this medicine to suppress my cough so I could sleep. I found that it helped with that and I woke up the next day feeling well-rested. I will be taking this again!

Mj | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/25/2017
Condition: Cough

I took the cherry flavor cough suppressant NyQuil liquid immediately after my lips and nose started to tingle then my face felt really hot and turned bright red . Not sure what is going on l can't find any info on this.

Anonymous | Female | Patient
3/5/2016
Condition: Cold Symptoms

I did not sleep well and still experienced runny nose and coughing. The following morning my lips and face were swollen. I believe I had an allergic reaction to it. I have used it before with no problem but this was the new cherry flavor. I will not use it again.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/15/2015
Condition: Cold Symptoms

I use the Nyquil/Dayquil caps. I don't know why, but I don't get the drowsiness! They do help me sleep though because they eliminate the cough and running nose, and for that alone they are worth it to me. I do not seem to get any side effects except for dry nasal passages, and that is okay with me!

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/20/2015
Condition: Cold Symptoms

can't say this with absolute certainty, but taking Nyquil caused UTI for me.. I noticed it twice the first time i had some burning sensation the next time (a few weeks later) i took it, it resulted in UTI. Just posting here if there are more people who experienced this please post your experience and we can get vicks to add UTI as a side effect.

JH | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/23/2015
Condition: Cold Symptoms

While nyquil is easy to pour and swallow, the side effects absolutely tear me apart. I often do not sleep well as well as very intense abdominal pain from the medicine. The abdominal pain can cause nausea and be worse than menstrual cramps.

Shorkiemom | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/21/2015
Condition: Cold Symptoms

I love the cherry flavour! This saved me at night, as it effectively reduced symptoms so I could sleep. The one drawback is that I'm deadly drowsy in the morning, even after eight hours of sleep.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/5/2015
Condition: Cold Symptoms

This is my go to medicine when I get sick. It works very well. I take DayQuil and NyQuil pills

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/3/2014
Condition: Cold Symptoms

Very helpful. got the job done0 i mean, My fever went away, so how bad could it be? It tasted awful though

Bliss | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/30/2014
Condition: Flu-Like Symptoms

I currently have the flu. I took this medication and slept blissfully all night long. I don't know if it actually helped my runny nose, headache, sore throat, coughing and sneezing because I slept SO well. The only con for me was a dry mouth the next day, even though I drank plenty of water all day long.

GWGirl17 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/4/2014
Condition: Head Pain

I am a college student and have used NyQuil to sleep with a cold and sometimes just to get a solid night of sleep (obviously not my best idea). But last night I took the normal amount and I've been blacking out all day long and I have been confused and just disoriented since I've woken up. I am a concerned and am thinking about going to the hospital.

my name is bill | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/26/2014

i used to be a drug addict....CRACK and METH included....this thing comes very close :P