I have been on benicar for 4 years. started on 20 mgs. Way too high I am on 5mg a day and it works great. This past aug, I started to develop a rash that looked like measles. I thought it was allergies. I am now 5 months w/ it every day and now it itches. Thought it was thyroid related but think the benicar is the culprit. I am allergic to sulpha so maybe that is a factor. It was great till now.

Too expensive. Too many side effects.

Emmy | 35-44 | Female | Patient
6/2/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

My doctor had me switch to Olmesartan Medoxomil after I was getting really bad side effects from the Amlodipine I was taking to treat my high BP (racing heart beat - pulse would suddenly go up to 120 bpm, and chest pains. I’m an athlete and used to having a resting heart rate around 45-50 bpm so this was really uncomfortable and scary!). This seems to work much better! I’m more sleepy than normal but I’m hoping that this side effect will disappear after some time on the medication. And BP stays controlled, around 115/70 (before starting meds it was around 160/100). Hoping that this will work in the long term!

Kat | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/30/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

This drug has worked perfectly. My blood pressure is down to 120/ 75 and I haven’t had any side effects. I’ve been taking 20mg for 6 years at night and it’s really been a miracle drug for me. I have had high blood pressure since I was 31. I tried every natural solutions and for reference I’m thin, eat a healthy diet, exercise daily.. bad genes. I’ve been on many meds and was taking three blood pressure meds before( falling asleep at my desk as a side effect) starting in Benicar which stabilized my blood pressure. For me it’s been literally a life saver

Debbie | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/18/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I took this drug for moderately high blood pressure for 7 months before I fully realized what it was doing to me. I might as well have been taking poison! I had diarrhea which the doctor said was not a side effect...but it is for those who have the sileac gene, which I do. This can continue to occur for the rest of my life even off the drug. I started losing my hair, not sure if it will ever fully grow back. A month after I stopped it I had a period. I am 70 and this is the first period I have had in 25 years, it was caused by the excess progesterone produced by taking this drug. If you on it I would highly recommend to stop!

Big V | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/19/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Been taking Benicar Hctz for over 10 years two months ago start getting dizzy doctor took me off Benicar Hctz and just put me on Benicar without the Hctz starting it tomorrow waiting to see how it works

SD | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/11/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Please do not take this olmesartin or benicar or any other drug in this family of drugs. The side affects sneak up on you acid reflux ,chronic sinusitis and allergies swelling in muscles especially arms face and legs painful muscles shoulder pains back pains doctors just try to treat your symptoms. By mistake I decided to take a antihistamine for my sinuses and noticed how I didnâ??t hurt as bad kept taking for 2 or 3 days and swelling ing my legs got a little better. Wow i hadnâ??t felt normal for some time made a doctor appointment , she took me off of olmesartin and changed my type of BP med and within one day off of this drug I was a different person. Iâ??m writing this review because this drugs side affects will sneak up on you and the doctors donâ??t catch that it is the drug until people are very sick . Be careful pay attention to your bodies cues and clues!!!!!!!