I have been taking 1 benadryl before bed for 15+ years. It works! There are no side effects for me other than feeling drowsy and falling asleep. I buy at Costco. 600 pills for $4.64.That is leass than 1 cent/day!

I fund this has no effect on me. Instead I have much better success with Doxylamine

Jackie | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/1/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Have tried several sleeping aids over the years. they all seem to work for perhaps one week but then fail. I start to wake up after only 3-4 hours of sleep. This sleep-aid has not failed & I get a full 8 hours of restful sleep each night.

anna | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/9/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

it makes you sleep for long periods of time. definitely puts you to sleep but also makes you drowsy

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/2/2017

Sleepless in SF | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/11/2016
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I've used the generic form almost every night for years to help me fall asleep. I can't find any research that tells of any long term side affects.

Bobarrel | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient