I was extremely nervous to take this medication after reading the reviews. I am a very small person with a very sensitive stomach, so I thought for sure I would be vomiting all week. Not so. The metal taste in my mouth is a little irritating, my appetite is decreased, and I feel a little groggier than usual, but it's really not so bad. Just thought I would write a review to ease some people's mind...

Oral versus a vaginal gel: the pill is cheaper, the gel expensive. With the pill I experienced daily headaches, a feeling of being distorted, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, a stiff neck, and a metal taste in my mouth. I never had BV until the year 2011 after being sex-free for 3 years after my divorce. I began menopause in 2011 and that's when the BV began. And it keeps coming back at l...

Anonymous |

Condition: Vaginosis caused by Bacteria

Oftas | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/2/2021
Condition: Infection caused by Bacteroides Fragilis Bacteria

Was prescribed this medication for BV like everyone else here. And the taste is pretty gross but well worth it. I have spurts of depression Sometimes and this medicine heightened hopeless thoughts for the first couple of days but it went away. Eyes got dry so it was hard to use my contacts, metallic taste, loose stool, lots of farting but honestly if youâ??ve got a solid strong will power this drug isnâ??t so bad. It did not give me a yeast infection like I thought it was going to either so thatâ??s a bonus. Over all it got rid of my BV so it did its job. Now figures crossed it wonâ??t come back for a couple of years, I read this drug caused cancer in mice!

Getdownwiththesickness | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/22/2021
Condition: Infection Around a Tooth

I took this drug for a very bad tooth abscess as my wisdom tooth is coming through. I took the drug as prescribed 3 x a day for 7 days and it worked to clear the infection but I don't think I've ever been as poorly in my life. Its horrible the sickness and diarrhoea and the headaches the stomach cramps are the worse its like no pain I've felt before it feels like someones wringing out my insides. It's been 8 days since I stopped taking these tablets and I've been sick and in pain from when I finished the course and ive had loose stools pretty much since I started taking them. I don't think taking this drug is worth it because the side effects were so bad for me maybe it's not as bad if your on a lower dose.

APatientPatient | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/2/2021
Condition: Infection Around a Tooth

My dentist prescribed this medicine for an abscess below a tooth that needs to come out. I'm allergic to sulfa drugs, have dry sensitive skin, and take medications for other unrelated medical conditions. I'm on day six, and it's working great so far. I'm lucky since that tooth has a very old root canal and crown so no pain. The only side effects I've had are drier skin and some slight dizziness when I first wake up. That's really good in my case as I'm highly sensitive to many medications. I should mention that I've been seeing the same doctors and dentist for 10 years now, and they are all linked into the same chart system. Each can see all of my prescriptions and over-the-counter medications being prescribed and recommended to me. I think that's a big part of why this antibiotic is working so well for me, I don't need any pain medication, and side effects are minimal. Therefore, I recommend this medication for my specific condition and short-term use.