i have severe allergies & sinus's sudafeds the only drug to ever work, mixed with benadryl, the sudafed PE is worthless

I am pregnant so Sudafed is what the doctor had on the list of ok to take. I should have known something was up when I got carded and they told me it was used to make meth. I went to bed at 9:30 and got up at 7 to take the kids to school. I haven't slept a wink. I tossed and turned and was amped up all night walking around the house. I WILL NOT take another pill. Now i am sick and exhausted!

nomoresudafed | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/9/2019
Condition: Runny Nose

In the past Sudafed use to work well but something has changed since now it does nothing for me. In the past it worked well but now for some reason it is worthless. I use to have to ask for it at the pharmacy and it is now easier since I no longer have to do this. If only it worked like it did in the past.

Deirdre | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/23/2018
Condition: Stuffy Nose

I took the recommended dose of the liquid form of sudafed. After the second dose my heart was pounding and I felt like I had indigestion ended up going to my g.p because I was sure I was having a heart attack. Wont bebe taking this again nor will I ever give it to my children. Very frightening experience.

Elise | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/12/2017
Condition: Stuffy Nose

I have been taking Sudafed for years. I have bad Sinutis, live near the ocean, have a deviated septum, but usually will not get it if I keep a warm hat on my head, and wash my hair at night, and do no go out, giving 8 hours sleeping for my head pores to close. AC systems on high in the summer, i.e. Grocery stores will give it to me. I carry a warm cap in the store in my purse. I take my had everywhere. Sudafed is the only thing that works. I wait to take it in the morning at 8 AM. I take 3 at once. I hate the feeling but if I take less it does not work. By 8 PM I am feeling normal again and able to sleep by 10:30 PM. My blood pressure goes up during the day. I take BP med anyways so I take the normal dose, and it needed another 1/2 dose. I am 63. For me going from hot where head pores are open to a cold breeze, or high A/C will really start it. Also, sometimes the barometric pressure when the ocean side town gets heavy fog layer--- June gloom they use to call it by now it comes in July and August due to climate change. My hat is my saver from sinus attack most of the time. I don't like Sudafed although it is the only thing that works once I get it, so my hat is a small inconvenience to remember to always have with me. I get severe migraines too once it starts, and gets worse. In that case, I take Imitrex but don't take it the same day as the Sudafed.

Husky1213 | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/6/2017
Condition: Runny Nose

From my experience, Walmart generic nasal decongestant works better. The last time I had a cold, I took twelve hour Walmart brand pills and you never would've known I was sick. I ran out after that cold, and now I have another cold and I've been on Sudafed for five days, and I've been extremely miserable and constantly blowing my nose.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/16/2016

I took this medication for a sinus infection at the urging of my doctor. It completely unblocked my nasal passages and I had no post nasal drip or runny nose. Unfortunately, I took it in the evening and it kept me awake all night and I was bit shaky. However, the alternative Phenylephrine does not work at all. I will take it only during the day from now on.