I suffer from insomnia and depression. This medication lets me ease into a refreshing sleep without the nightmares of other sleep meds.

Trazodone is the devil in disguise! This drug was LIFE CHANGING, and I do not mean for the better. I was prescribed 50 mg at night because I had insomnia. (no depression, just insomnia). I took the first pill that night, and the next day I was dizzy. All day. (dizzy is actually an understatement- there were times I could not drive it was that bad). I started to have anxiety. And it only got worse ...

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/18/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

When I fall asleep, it helps me stay asleep and have deeper sleep. I still have plenty of sleepless nights even though I take it regularly. I have to take it with food because it upsets my stomach.

Ltb3105 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/28/2020

This med is not fast acting. Take it at night only because once it kicks in, you will be out cold all night. Hated the groggy feeling in the morning, like a hangover. It was prescribed for nerve pain, not depression, and it didn't interact too well with Mobic I was taking for osteoarthritis. Within a few days, both ankles and feet swelled up and were more painful than my original pain I was taking the med for! Doctor had me go off it right away. Feeling a lot better without it.

Ltb3105 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/20/2020

Trazodone was prescribed to help with nerve pain, making it difficult for me to sleep at night. Well, it knocks you out, but sneaks up on you, takes about an hour and a half. I slept soundly, but woke up and stayed groggy several hours. Less than a week after I started taking it, my ankles and feet swelled up. This hurt more than the original pain I was prescribed for! Went off it, and it took a few days for the swelling to go down. I'm more clear headed too. Stay clear of this one. And I'm one to not usually have any reactions. Oh, gave me carb cravings.

Emily T | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/25/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

This drug is POISON to your system. After only taking one dose, I have had 3 days of nausea, headache, extreme dizziness, and weakness in my legs. Never take this drug, it could kill you. I took a 50 mg dose and am a healthy 65 year old, waiting and praying for it to leave my system. The doctors that prescribe this poison ought to be forced to take it themselves

rotty | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/17/2015
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

This medication has done wonders for me. Not only does it help with my depression, it helps me get to sleep.I have been on 300mg for 8yrs and have had no problems.