i had bladder infections on a monthly basis and was treated by my internist with various aantibotics. my internist sent me to a Urologist. she did an amazing thing. i now take methenamine hippura 1gm along with a vitamine C daily. I am now free from those painful bladder infections. This is my miracle drug!!

I was prescribed methenamine 1 gram twice a day for UTI prevention by my urologist. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me at all since I still got frequent UTIs while taking the drug. Worst of all, after taking methenamine with no problems for over six months, I suddenly developed sharp stomach pains/cramping and an itchy skin rash. Needless to say, I stopped using methenmine. Even so, it took...

Angela | 75 or over | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/17/2021
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection Prevention

THis drug is marvellous - no more cystitis! I just wish that the tablets were easier to swallow

Barbara R. | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/4/2020
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection Prevention

UTIs started to occur monthly. My urologist put me on low dose antibiotic for 3 months then on methenamine plus Vitamin C and cranberry supplements. Now UTI-free for over a year. The relief is worth the nasty taste of the pills.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/14/2020
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection Prevention

I found the tablet really hard to swallow so I crush it between to spoons and mix with a drop of milk.

C | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/2/2019
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection Prevention

It works! Years of UTIs and becoming antibiotic resistant or allergic led me to this approach. One year free from UTIs. Because I become resistant to meds so easily, I cut the pills in half and take half dosages...which are also easier to swallow. They are not easy to get down even then, but certainly worth the inconvenience and occasional gagging.

Surfergirl | 19-24 | Female | Patient
5/3/2019
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection Prevention

I’m 24 and have been struggling with IC and chronic UTIs for about 5 years now. Hiprex saves me from my latest bout of UTIs (4 in 3 months). I am hesitant to incur the long term effects but so far so good, although it does cause slight burning right after I take the tablet I find if I am not super hydrated. Thank god for this.