I have had IBS, diarrhea dominant, most of my life. I used to be home bound, going out to eat-never could do that because I never knew how my stomach would react to food at any given time. This medication has been a life saver. It has allowed me to have some normalcy in my life as far as getting out of my home, doing things like grocery shopping, eating out, or just being able to spend a day in to...

i have not started yet..

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/18/2019
Condition: Diarrhea caused by Chemotherapy

It works. Minimal side-effects - mostly drowsy/sleepy.

Know More Than GI Doc! | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/5/2019
Condition: Diarrhea

Chronic D after coloectomy for 9 years- Lomotil worked for two months at 2 pills 4x day, when also combined with 12-16 OTC loperamide daily. It stopped making any difference but I continued hoping there was some effect. At five months I went to doctor with possible UTI - tummy pain to back ache and trace vaginal blood (at age 58) No UTI. Referred to Urologist. Digging deep I find that itâ??s a damn side effect! GI Doctor wanted me to take 3-4 pills at a time to see if that works better! Um... GI doctor who is unaware!

Bob | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/18/2018
Condition: Diarrhea

Stops the diarrhea but it knocks me out for a few hours after taking it. I mean a real deep sleep.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/8/2018
Condition: Diarrhea

This medication saved my vacation when I contracted "Montezuma's Revenge" in Mexico.

GP Girl | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/8/2017
Condition: Diarrhea

I have gastroparesis and also IBS. I am usually either constipated or have diarrhea. My doctors have said regardless I still have to take my linzess. So I do, and the diarrhea days this is very stressful. I was prescribed lomotil to use two pills every six hours as needed for diarrhea. I usually just try to use one pill if possible because it seems strong enough that it doesn't normally take two, and this usually works. Occasionally, I will still get diarrhea after, but if I do, I don't feel rushed and it feels like I can take much more time to get to the toilet. If I do, I take the second pill as well. I have had no problems with this medication.