I love this birth control. I see a lot of bad reviews but I have been using it for over 4 years now and compared to others I have tried it is the best. For me, on this dose I have never gotten a period. Every few months I have very light spotting during the time the time one should have a period with this drug. My doc says it is fine, I do not ovulate on this med. I have never gained any weight on...

My old birth control was discontinued. I was taking it successfully for 4 years. I was prescribed this birth control instead. I was pregnant in less than one month. Beware!

Amber | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/16/2019
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

This medication helps with heavy flooding perimenopause periods and night sweats. I'm 45 and will stay on this until 51 or menopause.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/19/2018

I've been on this for about a month now. It hasn't cause weight gain . the only downside I've come across is my period. Its on day 11 now with now sign of stopping. But hopefully once my body get a use to it, my period with even out.

Sjack0028 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/6/2018

I have taken this birth control for two years and I love it. It cleared up my skin, has prevented me from getting pregnant, and I have only had one period since starting it. I asked my doctor for a birth control that helped with cystic acne and this is what she recommended. I haven't experienced any negative side effects.

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/19/2017

I've been on microgestin for a year and a half and I have no qualms with this medication. Everyone is different, I know. I haven't had a period yet and I do lay off the last week. I am a little emotional just before and after I'm supposed to have my period. Though I was an emotional person before this. All in all I would suggest this as an option for anyone though I know each body is different.

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/26/2016

I have been on this birth control for one month and I can honestly say that I haven't experienced weight gain, headaches, or acne breakouts. This is my 1st time ever using birth control and my doctor recommended this brand. Hopefully I will continue to have good experiences with this medication.