I am a 50yo female who has had acne since I was 12. The meds available when I was a teen were not very effective, so I gave up and lived with it. A recent visit to a dermatologist diagnosed rosacea, and he gave me an Rx for Oracea and metrogel, filled as the generic metronidazole. I noticed a difference within 10 days, virtually no breakouts and much less redness. Within 3 weeks, my husband and b...

Rosacea misdiagnosis. Incompetent Physician Assistant.

Pete | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/1/2022
Condition: Acne Rosacea

I had an increase of rosacea as well as pimples on my cheeks and around my nose, plus red dots all over my face. I was prescribed the metronidazole gel, have been using it for 2 months, and everything is much better. No more red dots and pimples, and there is only a little redness on my cheeks. Also have had no side-effects and my skin is softer and smoother in general.

Patricia B | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/17/2022
Condition: Acne Rosacea

Being of olive complexion and 70 years old I was rather surprised to come up with what the doctor said was rosacea for the last few months. I was thinking that it was from wearing a mask but that turned out not to be the case. Then I thought it was from eating chocolate so I quit that for a while and the rosacea came back. I’ve been on this topical for almost a week now and I’ve had no adverse effects no scaling no itchiness no nothing. Even my red nose has gone away. I will keep taking it for a few weeks and then try to taper off. This medicine really was a lifesaver. My doctor recommended that I take it with doxycycline but decided that I didn’t wanna upset the balance of flora in my stomach. Glad I quit taking the antibiotics after a week.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/15/2022
Condition: Acne Rosacea

made condition of rosacea worse.

Shannon | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/8/2022
Condition: Acne Rosacea

I don't have rosacea but it's a type of bacteria of it the one that can be cured so I'm been using the metronidazole gel on the effected areas for 3-4 days now my Dr said it will take 3 weeks for it to show improvements it makes my face feel dry the gel metronidazole makes your face dry correct and I'm also take a capsule called doxycycline mono twice a day anyone got advice on these?

kimberlina01 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/25/2021
Condition: Acne Rosacea

I had a strange rash on my face (around chin and cheeks) that looked like eczema. Probably caused by a mix of stress, new makeup and I think, too much smelly stuff added to the laundry and thus being on my pillow where my face touches it. — Regardless, no home remedy worked. My Derm gave me this stuff and some HydroCortizone and 2 weeks later (and trashing the new makeup) no more rash. Yay!

Disappointed lehfbi | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/24/2020
Condition: Acne Rosacea

After 2 weeks of use, saw minimum improvement but had to stop usage due to allergic reaction â?? swelling of face, red dry skin, rash with itching and burning sensation.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/3/2019
Condition: Acne Rosacea

I had perioral eczema or adult acne breakout on my cheeks and side of mouth, after using it the acne shrunken and redness of my cheeks gone in 4 days of treatment. yippee! It's excellent. It's like a miracle.

LarryW | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/17/2018
Condition: Acne Rosacea

Was prescribed this for very light case of red areas on cheeks. Doc noticed when burning off some precancerous spots on face. Medicine worked within a week. Don't see Doc for another 3 weeks but assume I continue to use regularly. Will find out. Very pleased with results.

Football_85 | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/17/2018
Condition: Acne Rosacea

I had painful red bumps on my high cheeks on my face and forhead. they would get red, and create like an hard amber crystal puss. It had been 3 years on and off. My doctor said why is your face so red? wrote me this RX. My face was clear after a week. I use sparingly, only when i see or feel a breakout, but my skin looks great, and feels smooth with no redness. I can't believe I waited 3 years to have this treated. I love my Doctor.

Cat | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/6/2018
Condition: Acne Rosacea

I have rosacea, mostly red nose and checks. I used to get occasional breakouts too. since using this, I never break out, but nose still turns red on regular basis, so there is minimal help for that.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/8/2018

I have been using for 3 months and have not seen any improvement yet

Suthen | 55-64 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/7/2017
Condition: Acne Rosacea

I have been using this cream for about 9 years. Worked great in the beginning but not so much recently.When I have a breakout it takes almost 2 weeks for the bumps to go away. The redness has never been effected. I always have red cheeks. About the only thing this cream is good for, at least for me, is it keeps my skin from becoming flaky as if I were sunburned. Looking for another medication.

John | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/24/2017
Condition: Acne Rosacea

I have used this product as directed 2x per day for at least 10 years. The acne rosacea still exists. If there is an improvement, I have failed to see it.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/8/2017
Condition: Acne Rosacea
Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/4/2016
Condition: Acne Rosacea

I have been using this gel for 6 months and there is little, if any, discernible improvement. Some days seem better than others, but the redness always comes back.

steve | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/21/2016
Condition: Acne Rosacea

I've only been on it for 4 weeks but already the pimples are gone. Cheeks and nose aren't as red as they were. Some days hardly red at all. Hopefully with time will get even better.

Side Effects not Worth it | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/14/2014
Condition: Acne Rosacea

Rosacea misdiagnosis. Incompetent Physician Assistant.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/14/2014
Condition: Acne Rosacea

Expensive, but worth every penny when you see the end results. Having a mild case of rosacea I saw results in about 3 weeks.

GrandmaG | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/25/2013
Condition: Acne Rosacea

Acne rosacea on and around nose. After only 3 applications Metro gel caused red rash and then I looked like I was peeling from a bad sunburn. Guess I am one of those with extremely sensitive skin. Cost a fortune!

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/4/2012
Condition: Acne Rosacea

Metronidazole, Noritate brand, worked quickly for me, it is very expensive though, and they said at the Pharmacy there was no generic brand. Doxycycline Hyclate pills were cheaper and I used them 2 months, and returned to the cream, they both did clear my skin.