I have taken cholestramine for chronic diarrhea. I have to take a full scoop every morning. If I don't take it one day, the diarrhea comes back.

Very difficult to take, even mixed with applesauce. I find that fixing the applesauce earlier than needed, and then frigerating for awhile, helps it to go down better.

Sandy 69 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/8/2016
Condition: Chronic Diarrhea

I could not leave my house and if I did, I always had to find the restroom. I had urgency and accidents. But now I can go out, shop and do the things I used to do like fishing and boat rides. It is great to get my life back. I am so happy. I have been living with this for years.

jamesbeulah | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/27/2014
Condition: Chronic Diarrhea

This medicine is effective for me if it is the first medicine I take in the morning. It reacts with my blood pressure and heart medicine where my dosage has been increase. If I have an appointment it is always late morning so the diarrhea can be contained and I can get pass the gas and stomach pain. The rest of my day is good I don't get hungry but when I eat the gas is back and the stomach pain but no diarrhea.

Tom | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/8/2013
Condition: Chronic Diarrhea

I couldn't go out without fear of a diarrhea attack. Since on the med, the attacks have been few and far between. I had colon cancer witch lead to the problem in the first place, I don't know what I would do without it.

ca | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/5/2012
Condition: Chronic Diarrhea

I couldn't go out the house before and was living off immodium but I haven't had to take any since starting.this medication. Because it has to be dissolved in water it is a pain to take when I'm out but otherwise it works ok. Still not perfect but much better!

awesomemommom | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient